Quartal Harmony Guitar
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Quartal harmony is a special kind of chords, which consist of intervals of the perfect fourth (P4), diminished fourth (d4), augmented fourth (A4, tritone) and sometimes doubly augmented fourth (AA4, perfect quint). Such famous world classic composers as A. Schoenberg, Bela Bartok, M. Mussorgsky, J. Sibelius and others have featured quartal harmonies in their work. Many of big name guitarists, such as John Scofield, John Abercrombie, Mick Goodrick, Johnny Smith, Tal Farlow, Chuck Wayne, Scott Henderson, Barney Kessel, Joe Pass, Jimmy Raney, Wes Montgomery, Jim Hall, George Benson, Pat Martino, Joe Diorio, Howard Roberts, Kenny Burrell, Mike Stern, Jimmy Bruno and others were using quartal harmonies in their compositions. The above can also be said about such famous musicians, as Dave Liebman, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Jerry Bergonzi, Jack Wilkins, Henry Johnson, Russell Malone, Howard Alden, Paul Bollenback, Mark Whitfield and Rodney Jones. This list can be appended with genius saxophonists John Coltrane and Michael Brecker.
With Quartal Harmony Guitar app you will be able to bring original mood and exotic sounding into your music, as well as to play your improvisations over these functions. This app will become a great professional tool not only for beginner solo guitarists and accompanists, but also for professional composers and teachers of music theory.
There is NO ANALOGUE in App Store!
Try it !!!
● Library of 87 modes (altered diatonic, harmonic, melodic, double harmonic, mixodiatonic, pentatonic), which can be transposed in any key (over 1,000 total modes incl. transposition!)
● each mode can produce up to 30 quartal harmony chords!
● change a number of notes in chords by tapping "Set" button:
● setting value of "1" leads to standard note-by-note playback of current mode;
● setting value of "2" : current mode will be played by intervals;
● value "3", "4", "5" and "6" : current mode will be played by chords, which consist of 3, 4, 5 and 6 notes accordingly.
● name of currently selected chord is shown in the top bar in color (blue, orange and green, in accordance with the color of currently selected chord)
● "Strum" feature: pick any colored chord from the progression by tapping any note on the fretboard and strum on the screen with your finger to play it
● Use the button "Mono/Poly/Strum" to change playback style:
- Mono : monophonic 1-voice sounding of chords/modes;
- Poly : polyphonic 6-voice harp-style sounding of chords/modes;
- Strum : strum-style playback of chords.
● Accompaniment (harmony) feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which the current mode and chord progression can be played. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary.
● ability to change playback tempo for training
● ability to adjust a volume balance between accompaniment and solo guitar sounds
● favorites system
● search by name system
● every mode and every chord is provided with corresponding optimal fingerings for your comfort
● transpose to any desired key by dragging notes on the screen with your finger
● note names are displayed inside the playback cursor
● sharp and flat signatures correspond to the current mode's key
● adjustable timbre of Accompaniment (7 timbres + 3 FX types)
● adjustable Reverb effect on guitar sounds
● manual step by step note playback in both directions
● iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus and iPad retina high resolution displays supported
● designed for both iPhone and iPad
What's New in Version 2.0
- graphics quality doubled for better crisp picture on iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iPad Retina high resolution screens;
- neapolitan major 7 new modes added to library;
- Settings Page added;
- harmony timbre now can be changed;
- harmony timbre effect now selectable;
- Reverb effect added on guitar sounds, adjustable from Settings Page;
- master tune and master volume settings added;
- fretboard notes/fingering display options added on Settings Page;
- favorites system added, accessible from modes Picker;
- search by name feature added in modes Picker;
- bug fixed that could cause audio to stop playing in some cases;
- bug fixed in modes Picker, which could cause sometimes selection of wrong exercise;
- bugs removed that could cause memory leaks;
- many improvements to work better with iOS 9.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 22, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 26.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dmitrij Pavlov
- © 2011 - 2016 Fonexsis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.