Turn your cardio workouts into a fun, social and competitive experience!
Race by Hearts motivates you to a more effective workout and together with your training buddies you'll get even more out of your training.
► Use your friends to drive you forward.
Race by hearts is all out being social. Not with the purpose of telling everyone how cool you are (because you are!), but instead use the real time heart rate data between your friends to motivate each other to train even harder. You gain a better, more efficient workout. Your teammates do the same. Everybody shares, everybody gains.
► It's a competition, if you want it to be.
One of the best motivators is to do great, preferably even greater than someone else. That's why training alongside your friends, keeping track of each other is a perfect way to motivate yourself to perform just that little bit better.
However if your are not in a competitive mood, Race by Hearts works just as well as a general heart rate monitor. It shows your heart rate in real time, stores your data and gives you a nice overview after your workout.
► Powered by your heart.
Your heart rate says a lot of things about you. How fit you are, whether you are stressed or relaxed. And with Race by Hearts it also tells you how hard you are working out, if your are putting in more effort that your training buddies, and which one of your friends is currently in the lead. It all depends on your individual heart rates.
► Heart rates are relative.
We all have hearts, yet we are all different. This is the reason that while your heart rate tells a lot about you, it does only say something about you. What is a high heart rate for you might not be for someone else. Heart rates are as individual as favorite colors. Therefore Race by Hearts calculates a normalized reference for every team member, making it possible to do a true comparison between individuals.
- Shows current heart rate and intensity, average heart rate and intensity, as well as how many calories burned so far. For you and every other member of your team.
- Session members are arranged according to their current intensity level, showing you the live ranking during your workout.
- Heart rate intensity is calculated from your maximum and resting heart rates, which provides a normalized basis for comparing intensities across individuals.
- Create your own session and have your training buddies join you, to train together, motivate each other and just have a fun and social workout session.
- Your session leader can control your team's workout, ensuring that all members start and stop the workout data capture at the same time - giving everyone a common base to compare from.
- Stores your workout data so you can review previous workouts and track your training sessions, your progression, and your team rankings.
- Works with Bluetooth 4.0/LE/Smart compatible heart rate sensors. No dongles required, no extra hardware, no wires! And these heart rate sensors work with other apps and equipment as well.
- Optional integration with Apple Health, includes reading user data (Age, Weight and Gender) into Race by Hearts, and sharing workouts to Health, including calorie burn and heart rate measurements.
- Export your workouts to a .CSV file, ready for external analysis or post them to your Facebook feed.
- Race by Hearts requires a Bluetooth 4.0/LE/Smart-enabled iPhone or iPad to work (iPhone4S and above, iPad3/Mini and above) and a Bluetooth 4.0 compatible heart rate monitor to sense your heart rate.
- Connected sessions with multiple users works between co-located devices within Bluetooth range or on the same WiFi network.
- Race by Hearts requires iOS9.3 or above.
- Now you can enter your weight in either kg or lbs.
- Other fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps disconnecting from my heart monitor
Also would be nice to have an ability to have a closer look at the bpm/time graph.
App is ok but if you are near anyone else using it the app doesn't pick up your hrm... So you can't use the group aspect
No way to search for, or add, heart rate monitors.
Support is non-existent.
- Morten Mortensen
- 6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Morten Mortensen
- In-App Purchases
- Local Sessions $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.