RapidCopy is portable version of FastCopy(v2.11).
- High-speed diff file copy by update date or filesize.
- Stable copy(Ignore minor error).
- Checksum verify copy.
- Generate Log file (includes checksum).
- "LTFS"(Linear Tape File System) read/write support.
- Fastest LTFS checksum copy
- Support LTFS prohibit char auto replacement("/" convert to "_")
- Sync(like rsync), Move,Delete... Various copy mode.
- Classic look and feel,Usage is same as great original FastCopy.
- Source and Destination verify check (Verify only mode) support.
- Various checksum algorithm (xxHash,MD5,SHA-1....).
RapidCopy works faster than rsync.
RapidCopy can leave the evidence in the file copy by detailed file log.
Please see the website for detailed information.
- CFast(UDF) EBUSY/ENXIO error message.
- Add verify error behavior option (deleting error-file instead renaming to *.rc_verify_err).
- Improve verify reliability(fsync() call with non 4k align files)
- F_NOCACHE flag is always ignored when write().
- When write() error caused. Copy operation stopped.
- Unnecessary copying occurs in delete mode.(waist a long time)
Ratings and Reviews
Great option for large copy/move
In my job, I use FastCopy on a regular basis to ensure that large copies and moves are completed successfully and accurately. Happy to find its equivalent on macOS.
A must-have for media
As a video production professional, I move terrabytes of media from drive to drive on a regular basis. Using the finder only, I have lost entire projects. Rapid Copy gives me the confidence that ALL my media will make it to the new drive without corruption. If a file is missing, Rapid Copy lets me know so I can go back and get that file. I could not do my job without Rapid Copy- it’s a must for any media professional.
Great Mac App for File Transfer Verification
I went through multiple apps before deciding RapidCopy was the best. I used Teracopy back in my Windows days and this is pretty much the same thing for the Mac.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.