'Read by QxMD' provides a single place to keep up with new medical & scientific research, read outstanding topic reviews and search PubMed.
This iPhone & iPad app provides a simple interface that drives discovery and seamless access to the medical literature by reformatting it into a personalized digital journal.
Praise for Read:
5 stars: "Stellar. The future of medical literature review... This could be the best application to stay up-to-date in medicine since, well, UpToDate." - User Review
4¾ stars: "The Flipboard for medical journals has arrived" and among "...the most innovative medical apps"
On Apple's 'What's Hot' list in >60 countries, as well as Medical Essentials & Apps for Healthcare Professionals. Featured in Apple iBook: "iOS in Healthcare: Revolutionizing Healthcare Productivity"
- Get full text PDFs with one tap
- Keep up with the latest new research that will impact your practice
- Browse through 1000s of outstanding topic reviews
- Search millions of articles from PubMed and our database of outstanding topic reviews
- Read your favorite journals or browse article collections.
- Access full text through your university/institutional subscription or via open access publishers
- Share articles with colleagues over email, Twitter and Facebook
- Organize and review your personal collection of articles
Why did we build 'Read by QxMD'?
Health care professionals need to stay up to date on the latest medical research and topic reviews to provide optimal care. Unfortunately, the process of content discovery is broken with research artificially compartmentalized by publishers and hidden behind countless institutional pay walls.
At QxMD, we believe that knowledge translation– the process by which new knowledge is incorporated into clinical practice – is an important and unsolved challenge for our health care system. We hope that ‘Read by QxMD’ will be a part of the solution.
Seamless 1-tap access available at thousands of institutions.
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Title and MeSH Headings from MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Founded by medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals.
As part of our mission to connect our global healthcare audience with the most relevant and practice-changing research, this update includes the following:
- improved design and interface
- enhanced features and layout for iPhone X and iPad
- easier content discovery through improvements to topic and collection search
- added annotation functionality to iPhone (previously limited to iPad)
- support for many more institutions around the world, including those with 2-factor authentication
- support for QxMD Account - a single QxMD account for Read, Calculate and Learn
Ratings and Reviews
This is the most useful app,it made it easier to discover articles that interest me, also with the new UI this app is perfect Now, great job,Thank you very much.
Great.. must have for all physicians
I wish library integration was stronger even a built in VPN .. but better than anything else
A must have for clinicians
The idea behind this app is a very good one. Its not easy to keep of with the literature when its hard to get to. This definitely helps consolidate studying and keeping up to one place. Minor fixes need to take place for functionality in the PDF reviewing -such as how to undo a highlight or note added by mistake. Proxys/passwords for access to locked content did not work for me. I like the tags feature for grouping articles. I love being able to search by categories. It would be nice to narrow a search down to reviews only, or case studies only, or RCTs only for a given search term. It would be great if there was some sort of integration with EndNote or similar functionality to keep track of and export citations other than sending individual emails. The popup box with overview cannot be highlighted and copied to paste into anther app where I would want to keep a list of citations. I'm sure the developers will eventually add these features. Overall I am very pleased with the content the app tries to deliver.
Developers have improved VPN access and now I can download the PDFs much easier, in fact easier than using my institutions full text links from pub med. I can also export the files directly to EndNote. Still would like an undo button for markups. Overall this a fantastic app!
- QxMD Software Inc.
- 65.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 QxMD Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.