Real Racing 2
By Electronic Arts
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The most critically-acclaimed iOS racing game comes to the Mac App Store! Featuring visually-stunning graphics and state-of-the-art handling, experience the excitement, competition and glory of authentic championship racing with Real Racing 2.
BURN RUBBER ON YOUR MAC!
Take control of the wheel with your iPhone or iPad – or use your Mac to steer your way to first place!
• Test your racing prowess on a 16 car grid against highly skilled AI drivers.
• Select from 30 officially licensed cars including the 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500, 2010 Nissan GT-R (R35), 2012 McLaren MP4-12C, and more!
• Work your way from rookie to pro in a robust Career Mode, offering 10 hours of racing enjoyment. Jump into a Quick Race for instant fun – or battle against the clock in Time Trial Mode.
• Race in 15 beautiful locations, with 40 miles of highly detailed race tracks, speedways and city circuits – including twilight and night races.
• Touch or tilt to steer with your iPhone, iPad – or Mac controls. This innovative control system lets you customize options to fit your personal driving style.
• Experience the intensity of head-to-head racing with 5 unique camera angles and breath-taking graphics powered by Firemint’s exclusive high performance Mint3D™ engine.
• Accelerate your progress by purchasing currency to upgrade your ride. You can even buy brand new cars.
Ready to race? Buckle in, start your engine and speed away with REAL RACING 2!
NOTE ON SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Before downloading, make sure you have what it takes to play Real Racing 2:
• Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
• CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz | Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB of free space available
• 2 GB of RAM
• Nvidia or ATI video card with 128 MB of memory (note that Intel GMA series graphics cards are not supported)
What's New in Version 1.1.2
What's New in Version 1.1.2
* Fixed issue with remote input control not working via iOS6 devices
* Fixed issue with remote input control not working for Retina Macbook
We appreciate the continued help of players to identify and detail bugs. The Firemonkeys are dedicated to updating our games regularly to make sure they deliver the very best gaming experience.
If you have any issues to report or suggestions to make, please visit our support site at: https://getsatisfaction.com/firemonkeys/
One of the Best Racing Games in its Genre!
This is without doubt one of the best racing games I have ever played. This statement is coming from someone who has decades of experience in the Racing Game Genre. The only racing games that are a close equal are Need for Speed Shift & Shift 2, and a couple of the very early Need for Speed games from Electronic Arts.
Everything about this game (Real Racing 2) is perfect! The Physics, the graphics, the controls, the style of racing, and the layout of the game as far as progression through the game. Perfect!
I have no affiliation with this company at all. I am just a happy consumer of an excellent racing game. My only wish is they would come out with Real Racing 3 for the Mac. Wow! Talk about being in Heaven. Yup! That wold just about do it for me! 5 Star Rating all the way! I wish I could give it a higher rating because this game deserves it without question. I guaranteed you WILL NOT be disappointed in your purchase if you are into the genre of gaming. Live Life in the Fast Lane!
PS I have been playing this game for weeks (close to a month) and have enjoyed every hour of it. After you have finished the game, you can make your standing in the world better by the use of the Time Trials. LOVE IT!
A phenomenal racing game
Real Racing 2 has many diferent things that seperate from other racing games: 1. Good Graphic 2. A career mode 3. Many, many cars and car brands to chose from. And 4. Multiplayer (online only) All these things make one of the best racing apps ever. Now, let me give you a few pros and cons. Pros - 1. Basically everything in the game 2. Uh…..there’s really nothing else for pros. Everything in the game is well designed. Now for the cons. There is only 1 and also 1 sort of con if you know what I mean. Cons - 1. You can only race multiplayer online which was really a bad mistake by the company who made Real Racing 2 because if your friends or family don’t have this game you can’t play with them. 2. (this is the sort of con) There isn’t really drifting capabilities on this game and the steering is pretty sensitive but, you can go to the settings and change the steering sensitivity, brake assist ect. Well thats all you need to know about Real Racing 2. Have fun!
this game has really good reviews, and promising screen shots, but I’ve played a lot and cant get past how dissaapointed I am, there is way too much grinding to get enough money to buy new cars which in racing games should be easy because thats the funnest part of all racing games experimenting with cars and finding your perfect match to "beast” with which doesn’t happen due to how the A.I. never makes mistakes in turns or anywhere you look they just follow the course perfectly which in all games is a big no no. If the A.I. is going to be a "beast” then let us have good cars so that we can even partially be on the same page. Overall if you want a game where you can just sit down and have fun in a fast and approachable game play asphalt 6 but if you really like delving hours upon hours into games that have plenty of content and take a LOT of skill then this is your game (you really need to get used to the weird sensitivity of the driving and there is no drifting… AT ALL.) 7/10 at best
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 08, 2012
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 741 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- © ea
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- amount of $50,000$3.99
- amount of $500,000$7.99
- amount of $250,000$11.99
- amount of $100,000$7.99
- amount of $1,000,000$9.99