Take it from our users: “It’s the only real estate app you’ll need.” See every nearby home for sale or draw your own custom search area. Instantly book tours of your favorite homes with our experienced local Redfin Agents. When you find “the one,” we’ll make your home-buying experience seamless & save you thousands on closing costs.
Some of Our Most Popular Features:
• Most Accurate Home Data: MLS real estate listings refreshed every 15-30 minutes.
• See More Homes: Redfin has more homes for sale than other real estate apps because we’re powered by the local MLS.
• Search Nearby: Instantly see all the homes, condos and townhomes for sale near you, and get notifications when a new home that matches your criteria hits the market.
• Plan Open House Visits: Find every open house near you and get directions.
• Search by School: Search for homes near specific schools and school districts.
• Schedule Home Tours: Book free home tours with a local Redfin Real Estate Agent right from the app.
• Get a Competitive Edge: We’ll tell you which homes are likely to sell the fastest so you don’t miss out.
• Gain Exclusive Insights: Read comments about what a home is really like written by Redfin Real Estate Agents after they tour the home.
• Search on All Your Devices: Save your favorite homes and searches to your Redfin account and access them anytime, anywhere on the app or Redfin.com.
• Share Homes: Easily share your favorite homes via text message, email, and social media.
• Sold Home Data: Get the latest data on sale prices of nearby homes.
• Save Thousands When You Buy or Sell a Home: We sell your home for more money than the industry average, and only charge 1.5% -- rather than the usual 2% - 3%. When you buy with us, you'll get second-to-none-service and save thousands in closing costs.
• Important Disclaimer: Savings vary by market and are dependent on several factors including the price of the property, the market minimum commission, and the buyer's agent commission. Representations of savings are not a guarantee or an offer from Redfin to provide a refund or savings on a specific property. Redfin reserves the right to make changes to the refund and savings calculation at any time while honoring all agreements commenced prior to any change. Refunds are not available where prohibited by law. The refund is subject to lender approval as well as possible restrictions of VA or FHA loans. If the transaction includes a short sale, additional restrictions may apply. The savings are not representative of Redfin partner agent transactions.
• Important Note: Search homes for sale in the states or metro areas of Albuquerque, Allentown, Asheville, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Bend (OR), Birmingham, Boise, Boston, Boulder, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Cape Cod, Charleston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia (SC), Columbus, Connecticut, Corpus Christi, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dayton, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, El Paso, Fort Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Fresno, Grand Rapids, Greenville (SC), Hampton Roads, Honolulu, Houston, Hudson Valley, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, Little Rock (AR), Long Island, Los Angeles, Louisville, Maine, Manchester, Maui, Memphis, Miami, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Nashville, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Queens, Raleigh-Durham, Reno, Richmond, Rio Grande Valley, Riverside-San Bernardino, Rhode Island, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Fe, Seattle, Spokane, Tampa, Tucson, Ventura County, Washington, DC, West Palm Beach, Westchester, Winston Salem, and Wisconsin.
Thank you for using Redfin! We update our app regularly to improve the experience and reliability. This version includes updates to the listings page.
Ratings and Reviews
Too Many Flaws
I really liked this app, but have run into a number of issues. It can be glitchy when moving the map, it often highlights all the properties EXCEPT the one you’re actually trying to click on. You can select “must have pool” or “single story only” from the desktop site, but those options don’t exist in the iPad app. You can only enter keywords, but if I use “pool,” I get community pools when all I want are private pools. But today was the coup de gras. I’ve been keeping my eye on the housing market for a LONG time - waiting for the right house at the right time. Today when I tried to save a favorite, I got a pop-up that informed me I had reached my 2,500 max favorites and x-outs (hidden properties I dislike). Who thought of 2,500 and how arbitrary is that? So the next step was to delete favorites and/or x-outs. Ahhh, but you can’t access your x-outs list from the app (iPad). So I had to open Safari to log in and do it. But wait, you can’t delete them en masse, you have to remove them one-by-one...I have 2,100+. Apparently previous versions allowed the option to delete all - why was that removed? Ok, so next I try to remove favorites, but again hit a road block. You have to manually remove them one-by-one as well. Oh the insanity. And to cap all this off, none of this info was obvious in either the app or on the website. For each step, I had to Google it and land on some wonky forum full of other displeased users. Figure it out, Redfin.
I enjoy using Redfin in our home search. The notifications are very quick and the links from your email always work and take you exactly to what you’re looking for. The map and directions features are great, and being able to see schools and other businesses on the map is a nice feature to show approximation from the home. Unfortunately you can only pick min and max prices by jumps of $25k. I wish we had more control over this. To be able to choose in $5k or $10k increments would be ideal. The recommendations aren’t really tailored to your needs. They take into consideration everything you’ve ever looked at, meaning if you click on a $375k house just to see how beautiful that house is, you’ll start seeing homes in that price range too. I wish there was a way to apply filters to the recommendations too so you could search more freely and accurately. The street view feature is a great touch. Being able to see if the house has been updated, how close it is to the neighbors, or if there’s a business nearby for when you come tour it is great. The full details section is great for understanding layouts and dimensions, also for inclusions and exclusions within the house. I would say to also remember the calculation tool is an approximation but it generally is fairly close. Overall a good app!
Pricing sort is driving me nuts!
I used to love this app but am ready to drop it just because of the pricing sort. I get it has some glitches but I can live with those. THIS glitch, I simply can’t because it affects the entire experience of looking for a home. Each time the search refreshes itself, I have to remind the app to apply the sort order I’ve already selected (Low to high pricing) because the sort is now in some Redfin preferred order. Of note - when you go to change the setting, it still says it’s in low to high pricing sort order (untrue) since the houses are not listed that way. To fix it, I have switch the order to high to low or any other sort, go back to the app to “awaken” sort , then go back again to sort settings and switch to low to high and then back again to the app for the sort to actually reset itself to my preferred sort. Using the map - Imagine you move your search 5 miles east - you have to repeat the above process again because the home results are no longer listed in low to high pricing. In one 15 min use of the app, I have to repeat this insane reawaken and reset sort order several times! It tells me the designers don’t actually use their app. Incredibly annoying especially since it used to work properly a while back!! FIX IT please!!
Thanks for letting us know, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app! Can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into this further?
Have a great day!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.