By Silvio Rizzi
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Reeder 3, a news reader with support for multiple services like
- Feed Wrangler
- Minimal Reader
- The Old Reader
- BazQux Reader
Don't want to use a third-party service? Reeder also supports local/standalone RSS (no sync).
- Classic (iPad only)
- Dark (night reading)
- White (more contrast)
- Black (more contract, night reading)
- Safari Reading List
- QUOTE.fm (recommend and read later)
...and more via sharing extensions.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
Reeder now uses the Safari View Controller to add Feedly accounts, as required by Google (when using your Google account to sign in to Feedly).
- Crash on start
- Crash while syncing
Unquestionably The best RSS reader on iOS. Needs some work
Coupled with inoreader, this is the best RSS reader on he iPhone and iPad you could ever hope to find. The interface is buttery smooth and absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Every letter, every movement, every setting, every action is abdolutely intuitive. With that said, there are some stuff missing:
1) Search RSS (inoreader)
2) swipe down for full article (like inoreaders app does). Please do this. The current iteration makes it hard to do 1 handed on big phones like iPhone 7/7 plus
3) advance to next feed when clicking mark as red (check mark) (note: should respect the setting you checked off regarding fees order)
4) syncing could be a little faster (inoreader app loads instantly). Even with image caching takes 20 seconds to sync.
5) some of the screens like add subscription do not respect the dark screen colors set in the main app. This is really a minor issue.
6) oh please please please add OneNote share support. I know this is available via sharesheet but it's really inconvenient to go through many clicks and then one has to open the onenote app on iPhone to actually send the articles.
Evernote is headed downhill in terms of popularity and users. onenote is rising very rapidly so please consider this. I beg you!
7) option for automatic full article download upon opening
Adding the stuff above would make reeder the most perfect RSS app ever to be created.
Been using this one for years. It's an awesome, efficient way to keep up with what's important to you. No seeing the same articles over and over. No intrusive ads. It's also awesome for traveling. The ability to cache up a bunch of articles is perfect for times when data service is poor or unavailable. This feature alone is awesome for flights and cruise ships. Just cache up a ton of content when you have wifi then peruse them at your leisure. Thank you for continually improving and updating this app.
Exactly what I wanted
Apple news has become too busy/noisy. I wish I could completely disable any “recommendations” from polluting my feed, but alas the advertising model wants me to keep clicking.
I really wanted a simple news feed of just my news and the channels I picked. Reader is all those things! Wish it would sync over iCloud, but that’s not a huge detractor.
If you’re looking for a simple rss reader that does require a subscription, try this one!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 28, 2017
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silvio Rizzi
- © Silvio Rizzi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.