By Complete System Solutions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
----> Works great with iOS 8, looks great on iPhone 6 & 6 Plus too
Remote Patrol is a full featured professionally designed and developed camera surveillance program for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
This application is built upon the latest iOS and hardware for maximum flexibility.
With Remote Patrol you can monitor several locations all within the same program. You can even playback past recordings stored on the server.
** IMPORTANT **
SecuritySpy 3.4 or later server software must be installed and running on a Macintosh prior to using the Remote Patrol package. SecuritySpy can be downloaded at:
Remote Patrol features include:
- Unlimited servers
- Live audio
- Motion detection real time notifications
- Automatically detects if you are local or remote to best use bandwidth
- Rearrange server into any order
- Unlimited cameras per server
- Rearrange cameras into any order (which will reorder the multi-view windows)
- Cameras are automatically created from the server (no data entry!)
- Integrated with the address book for contact information at each server site for two touch phone dialing
- Integrated shapshot of live camera image to built in photo library, including a rapid fire mode
- Multi-View column view (1, 2 or 3 columns)
- Full device and camera rotation, Landscape support
- Check on the status of cameras in real time
- Swipe to move between cameras in camera view mode
- Double tap to control pan/tilt and snapshot when viewing a camera (if camera is pan/tilt capable)
- View captured (history) footage using the iPhone built in media player
- Optimized for the latest iOS version
- Pinch to zoom (digital) is now supported in camera detail view
- Double tap to fill screen
- 8 way pan/tilt on cameras that support pan/tilt
- Optical zoom controls for cameras that support optical zoom
- System Settings are now available for:
• Network timeout
• Disable idle timer
• History type (movie or Image)
- History is now available for both movies and images
- History can select * All Cameras * from the camera list
-Cameras can now be configured in Remote Patrol as:
• Pan/Tilt capable
• Optical zoom capable
• Excluded from multi view
Please send feature suggestions to:
What's New in Version 2.30
- Enhanced history searching
- Notifications bug fixes
- History date selection bug fix
An excellent companion app for Security Spy
Remote Patrol has been a great add-on to Security Spy. Its fast and reliable performance has been great, and gives me added incentive to expand my Security Spy installation. The current version requires different IP addresses for local network and internet viewing, which is a minor annoyance since it requires entering a different IP address when leaving the house or returning home, but I give it a 5 star rating for it's overall utility, speed, and stability, and the fast developer support by email. I hope a future update will allow a single IP address to work locally and remotely.
I asked about an app-specific lock screen for Remote Patrol on the iPhone, which would be great for people who don't use the Apple lock screen but want more secure access to Remote Patrol. The developer said the iPad version already includes this feature, and that he would add it to the list for future updates - good quick response :-)
Update: the new version 2.30 is even better - it's much faster, the previous annoyance regarding needing different IP addresses for local and Internet viewing has been fixed nicely, and the developer remains very responsive to requests for help/improvements. I'm changing my review from "excellent" to "indispensable" companion app for Security Spy.
Great Product Excellent Support
I have been using Remote Patrol for several years. It has always been a great companion to Security Spy with each upgrade providing good improvements. One of the major components of any program is the support that is provided. Remote Patrol provides exemplary after purchase support. Rob provides immediate, personal service. He provides personalized diagrams with instructions that makes setting up Remote Patrol to work with Security Spy very simple. I can’t say enough good things about the program and service that I have been provided.
First venture into the security cam technical world. I like Remote Patrol because… It just worked. I did almost nothing but open the app and whoosh RP took it from there. Found my server on LAN, set itself up and made my cameras instantly accessible.
I had a hard time finding the option to browse captured video, but now that I know how, I find it very smooth.
Live feed is flawless.
Browsing is very quick.
I really cannot find anything to complain about so far.