Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RemotePad is an open source application that controls the mouse cursor of your desktop PC. This way, you can use your iPhone or iPod touch as a wireless touchpad!
• Mouse control with a virtual touchpad.
• Software keyboard for ascii text inputs.
• Server support for major platforms, namely, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and BSD.
• Bonjour (Zeroconf) server detection under Mac OS X.
• Customizable appearence and behaviour.
• Landscape mode.
• Two finger vertical and horizontal scrolling.
• Mouse control via acceleromenter.
• Send arrow keys.
• BSD-style licensed source codes.
• Computer running a version of the RemotePad Server
(free download from http://www.tenjin.org/RemotePad/downloads.html)
• WiFi connection
What's New in Version 1.5
• Option to choose mouse locations
• Disconnect button at the top of the Setup menu
• Many bug fixes
• Servers were also improved and bugs fixed.
• Status icon on the menu bar with RemotePad Server for Mac
• GUI version of RemotePad Server for Windows
I don't write many app reviews because I'm typically underwhelmed by most of them, but this has to be one of the best apps - paid or free - I've downloaded. I use it for my Windows-based laptop that I keep in my living room and it is just what I needed. I Ieave my laptop on its little table and stick my iPhone on my sofa's arm and control it without needing to balance the laptop on my lap. I love the ability to customize the touchpad, especially since the touchpad on my laptop leaves much to be desired. The customization feature combined with iPhone's touch screen sensitivity make this an amazing remote mouse. I can't say enough and can't believe it's free.
This is probably the best free app I've ever installed. The installation on my PC (XP for those of you complaining about it not working on Windows) was extremely quick, and it works like a charm, not to mention it's free. Just one little suggestion: please increase the security, because I'm sometimes afraid to leave the program running on my computer (hackers and whatnot). Thanks for an amazing app! P.S. You CAN get rid of the desktop picture... Or at least hide it so nobody else can see (I can with Windows, at least).
This is exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for. Great app! I keep my MacBook hooked up to my flat screen so I can work from my couch, watch tv/movies, etc. I was considering a wireless keyboard and mouse. This app saved me $200 and does nearly everything I need. Apple buttons, escape button, etc would be nice additions to the keyboard. Also a real time reflection of my actual desk top on my iPhone screen would be key. Then I wouldn't have to be in front of the tv screen to operate it.