Rentalcars.com - Car hire App
By TravelJigsaw Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rentalcars.com Car Hire App.
Need a great car at a great price – fast? Download our mobile app and you can...
1) Book the nearest car at the lowest price. Need a car on another continent? Or just around the corner? With over 49,000 locations worldwide, our app will find you the right hire car in the right place – at the best price.
2) Pick your car up with your phone. The Rentalcars.com eVoucher is accepted almost everywhere, so forget the printer. Just save your voucher on the app and pick your car up with your phone.
3) Enter your details once – and only once. Every booking, every driver, every credit card… our car hire app stores all the information securely, so you don’t need to re-enter your details every time you hire a car.
A great travel app for people on the go!
The world’s biggest... As the world’s biggest car hire booking service, we work with every major car hire company in the world and serve over 7.5 million customers every year. That means we can negotiate the best rates – and pass the savings on to you.
For exclusive deals in over 49,000 locations, download our app today.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
We have improved the way things work, giving you an even smoother experience.
Be careful of hidden costs
Recently booked a car in Rennes, France, to discover upon arrival there was a mandatory 40€ surcharge. This doubled our rental rate. Had it been properly disclosed during the booking (i.e., included in the price since it's a mandatory fee) we would have evaluated the need to book more closely. As it was, we were on a tight schedule and didn't have an opportunity to look at alternative forms of travel.
Soured the experience.
Be wary. I won't use this app again.
The app uses inaccurate reviews of the rental companies. Be sure to independently verify the reputation of the rental agency you're using. Don't let a big name fool you either. Use google review to look at the local storefront's reviews. There can be big disparities in service between local rental stores.
Also, there are a LOT of hidden costs that the app doesn't point out or prepare you for.
I reserved a car in Orlando from a "reputable" company that had good reviews on the app, only to get to the rental store to find out they didn't have my vehicle, and the advertise price didn't include hundreds of dollars in fees.
When I complained to the app developer, their process for reviewing the specific rental location was convoluted and difficult at best.
I won't use the app again.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 121 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: TravelJigsaw Ltd
- © 2016 TravelJigsaw Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.