Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rev monitors, displays, charts, and records real-time data by interacting with your vehicle's onboard diagnostic system. Rev can also check and reset "Check Engine" lights and trouble codes and much more.
*** An Apple Staff Favorite as of March 25, 2009! ***
"In the automotive sphere, there aren't nearly as many quality applications and even fewer that can deliver the information most gearheads crave. Thankfully, DevToaster has answered the call with Rev." -- AutoBlog
"For any car enthusiast with an iPhone this is a really cool and useful app." -- mp3Car.com
"This is by far the ultimate performance application." -- Auto India Magazine
*** As seen in: ***
* AutoBlog: http://bit.ly/1IRFGw
* The New York Times: http://tinyurl.com/rev-nytimes
* Motor Magazine: http://tinyurl.com/rev-motor
* Auto Engineering & Spares: http://tinyurl.com/rev-autoeng
Welcome to Rev Lite! This is a FREE "lite" version of Rev, the premier iPhone and iPod touch application for auto enthusiasts.
The FULL version of Rev can read all the OBD-II vehicle sensor data, record and export data, check and reset Check Engine lights and trouble codes, and much more. It is also available for download on the App Store! The full version of Rev is here: http://tinyurl.com/rev4iphone
Rev Lite (this application) is our free version, and provides a small subset of the features of Rev:
• Acceleration: Displays your cornering, braking and acceleration G-forces. Record the acceleration data on your track run, save it for later, e-mail it to yourself later as Excel-compatible CSV data.
• GPS Track: Using the iPhone's GPS, learn about your acceleration and braking on the road and on the circuit. Green and red colors represent moments of forward and braking acceleration. Perfect your cornering habits and master the track.
• OBD-II Metric Information: Learn about specific OBD-II vehicle metrics. Each of Rev's OBD vehicle metrics are described in detail, including information about how a vehicle's ECU monitors sensors to optimize vehicle performance. If you have purchased a compatible OBD-II hardware device, Rev Lite will show you whether or not your vehicle supports each metric.
THE REV MANUAL IS AVAILABLE:
This free "lite" version of Rev will give you a sample of what the whole package has to offer. Enjoy!
Thanks for your interest in Rev, the premier iPhone and iPod touch application for auto enthusiasts!
What's New in Version 2.0.2
+ Re-enabled support for iPhone OS 3.0
+ Improved support for certain hardware configurations
+ Stability improvements
Almost no use of the OBD hardware
This version of the app does not show you any info from the OBD hardware dongle. It
1. Shows and seems ready to record
Your speed and acceleration -
Including showing this on a map
2. Shows you that it DOES talk to
Your OBD hardware, but does not
Show you the actual data, only
Shows "metric is online". The only
real info I got to prove it does
talk to the HW is my vehicle VIN
It is OK
It loses the connection and sometimes doesn't make the connection with the car right away. I also thought that I could clear my error codes but I guess not...maybe in the pay version.
The app provides no useable data when using an obd-ii scanner. It only shows that it is reading data, but you can't access any of the info. The only info it does provide is not related to the scanner at all, it comes from the iPhones accelerometer. So, it seems we're stuck with a crappy free version, or pay between 40-50 bucks for a version that gets pretty bad reviews also.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jan 18, 2010
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: DevToaster, LLC
- © DevToaster
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.