The Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts
By The Ritz-Carlton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the official, complimentary Ritz-Carlton Mobile App.
The Ritz-Carlton App is your reservationist, local guide and on property concierge all in one. It is the newest way to help you navigate your journey and enhance your experiences at The Ritz-Carlton destinations around the world. Let the memory making begin.
With The Ritz-Carlton App, you can:
- Make hotel reservations at The Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts worldwide
- Access your account or enroll in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program
- Utilize our new Digital Guest Services, such as Mobile-Check-In, Check-Out, Real-Time Folio and Service Requests as a Rewards member at many of our hotels
- Mobile In-Room-Dining and Poolside ordering as a Rewards member available at select hotels
- Create and share "Travel Posters": Through our new travel poster feature, guests can choose from over 40 destination wordmarks, travel stamps and special filters to enhance their travel photos, creating a unique memory to share
- View and edit upcoming reservations
- Browse full hotel information, photo galleries and amenities
- View interactive maps and turn-by-turn directions to our hotels
- Receive and view special offers while staying at our hotels
- Learn about events at the hotel during your stay
- Unlock experiences and stories at our hotels with our built-in QR code scanner
- View recommendations and tips from our world-renowned concierges
The Ritz-Carlton App makes use of location data to present relevant and timely content based on their users' current, only if the particular user has opted in to share location.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
We’re linked — join us.
Unlock a world of new destinations and possibilities today while SPG®, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards work together to build the world’s best loyalty program. Link accounts or join now to receive:
• Elite status match
• Points transfer
Explore the world like never before. No matter where you go, You Are Here.
How the Ritz is comfortable with this as an execution of their brand is beside me. Basically a link to mobile web. And bad interface. Anyone who travels knows this is not only substandard for the industry....but for the app world as well. Is there a team assigned to Digital?