Runtastic Road Bike GPS Cycling & Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Runtastic Road Bike app, developed by road biking experts, turns your iPhone into a top GPS cycling computer with an array of incredible features! Track your tours, races and rides with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance to your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of enthusiastic users.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
Your favorite biking app is now better than ever!
- Your feedback counts: We’re constantly improving our apps to provide you with the best possible experience.
- New app language: Traditional Chinese
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Decent but needs some tweaks
I've used the app for a couple of years now and like several of the features - the split times, maps, monthly summary, elevation plots - although on the elevation plot it would be nice if you could expand them and take off the speed plot that overlays them. There is no auto start unless you have a speed sensor. Other apps have auto start without a speed sensor. They just did an update and now the countdown feature works differently and is now worthless for my usage. It used to allow you to start the app and it would begin the countdown. You could blank the screen and it would continue to countdown which allowed you time to put away your phone and clip-in before the session started. With the update, blanking the screen (top right button on an iPhone) will cause the countdown to pause. The last two rides I did my normal routine and when I finished it had been paused in countdown mode the whole ride so the session never started. Not sure why this change was made but I don't like it. I'm having to turn the countdown feature off now so the session starts and is timing while I put my phone away and clip in.
Good app, but far from perfect
This app automatically loses one star for having the audacity to ask for rating and having the yes button say "rate us five stars". This app can learn some lessons from Nike run. Sliding a session to pause is fine, But to end the session this app should make you hold down the button. I've accidentally end it sessions prematurely due to this. And also if paused, this app should automatically unpause once you start moving again since the tracks my GPS. Other than the stupid oversights it's a good app
I like how this app works with its running app to keep track of all my work outs on one site. It uses up my iPhone battery quickly but it is to be expected given that it keeps track of where you go. I would recommend this app for bicyclists in that it can replace the bike speedometer/computer.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 12, 2016
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.