By Revolutionary Concepts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don't miss out on the chance to own this piece of arcade gaming history!
They killed your wife and trashed your town, now they gotta pay!! Road Blaster puts you behind the wheel in a mad max-style demolition driving game, controlling the actions of a lone vigilante out for revenge!
Whether cleaning the city streets of murdering thugs, careening around the insides of an office high-rise, almost mowing down sunbathers on the beach, avoiding being crushed by combine harvesters or barreling around underground sewers, the result is an edge of your seat roller-coaster ride of a game unlike anything else!
The Japanese anime cult classic arcade game of yesteryear as you've never seen it before! Lovingly reimagined by the creators of several critically acclaimed best-sellers including 'Gesundheit!', 'UFO on Tape', 'Karate Champ' and many more, so you know it's good for you ;)
Top 100 Arcade Game on iTunes US, UK, Canada, Japan, Australia and 30+ countries.
Apple Featured New and Noteworthy, Impossible Games, Car Combat, Crash Courses, What's Hot, & Game Center Games.
IGN - 8/10 Great!
iPhoneItalia - Best Game of the Week
PocketGamer - Bronze Medal Award
"Best FMV game I've ever played! Like Dragons Lair only with real gameplay and feeling of control"
"the slickest arcade game you've never played!"
"...shows off the Retina display and controls perfectly"
"thx for the most fun I've had with my device yet!"
Now let's roll! Those murderous scum aint gonna kill themselves ya know!
1. There are two choices of controls - steering wheel (drag and hold), or tilt (accessible via settings). *Don't tap the left/right flashing indicator lights on the car dash - just like a real car they don't steer -(they are lights :p), and you will die a horrible death.
2. Watch this video www.bit.ly/roadblaster
3. Headphones recommended for serious immersion.
4. Driver Airbags not included.
** Don't miss our other exciting games! **
Gesundheit! - former No#1 Adventure on iTunes enjoyed by over 3.5million players.
UFO on Tape - One of only 20 Apps in Apples own Essential Games Starter Kit.
Karate Champ - Arcade Perfect Conversion of the all-time classic fighter, and 'BestEver Apps of 2010' Nominee (iPad and iPhone versions).
Banzai Rabbit - Fantastic 3D Arcade Platformer, and former No#1 Adventure Game. Available for iPad and iPhone.
Gift This App: Click the arrow next to "Buy App" on the iTunes App Store.
Follow us @RevolutionaryCo
Very nice, but not the best version of this game
First and foremost, the controls do not work as well as the Sega CD version. granted, that one had tactile buttons (which means you could feel them) and this has capacitive touch screen buttons which require you to slide your fingers around, slowing overall reaction time. You also have no clue if your thumb has slid off the edge of the touchable screen unless you look at it. This has caused me a death or two. Also unlike the Sega CD version, the graphical signals which indicate LEFT, RIGHT, TURBO and BRAKE are all located down on the dashboard instead of floating on the action like a proper HUD. This means you will be staring at the dashboard instead of watching the excellent onscreen action. I wonder if the developers even played the Sega CD version which still remains the best version I have played so far and I also have the Saturn version.
Still, the game is pretty good and once you get the knack of the weird controls, can be pretty fun. The digitized video is excellent, though the developers added a weird, striped reflection on the glass. The sound appears to be the original version instead of the awesome new audio that was created especially for the Sega CD version. The goofy song is not there. I wish there was a way to watch completed levels without playing them to enjoy the awesome and hilarious animations. Definitely my favorite FMV game.
This Game Rocks!
I used to play this game for hours on my Sega. Revolutionary Concepts did a beautiful job at restoring and enhancing this classic title. This is by far the best port of Road Blaster ever! I've been looking at some of the reviews and it appears some folks don't know how to drive so ignore the one star reviews. The controls and game play are IMHO absolutly perfect.
Here are some driving tips:
1. When you see the directional indicators they are not buttons, don't try pressing them.
2. When you see a left or right arrow you need to turn the steering wheel either left or right. If tilt steering is enabled you can tilt your device to turn.
3. When you see the red X, you need to pull back on the gearshift to brake.
4. When you see the turbo indicator, which looks like a fist, you push the gearshift forward to kick it into turbo mode.
5. Finally, in order to register a successful move, you must hold your move till the indicators stop flashing. The faster you respond to the move the more bonuses you'll score at the end of the level.
Great job devs, keep em coming!
I love this game!
A classic Full-Motion Video / laserdisc game, and a great update and conversion for iPhone/iPod. Working fine on for me on iPhone 5 with the latest iOS.
The animation and original arcade soundtrack have a great 80s feel. The controls are easy and a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.
If you liked Dragon's Lair or
Cobra Command, GET THIS GAME. You'll love it!
I see that there are some complaints about the controls and lack of instructions, so here you go:
- You only need to make a move when the left/right/turbo/brake prompts appear.
- Slide left and right on the wheel to steer. If you start with your thumb just above and to the right of the wheel, it won't slide off the edge of the screen when you turn left. Or you can just switch to the tilt controls and skip the wheel altogether.
- Slide up on the lever for turbo, and down for brake.
Now go have some fun blastin' em sky high! :)
- Category: Games
- Released: Jan 15, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 329 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Revolutionary Concepts
- © Revolutionary Concepts
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.