Control your web browsing experience with Roadblock, a powerful content blocker for Safari on macOS and iOS. Roadblock blocks annoying and unwanted content, protects your privacy and security, improves webpage load time, and reduces browsing data usage.
Roadblock is available for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Profiles and settings sync seamlessly across all devices.
• Block ads, pop-ups, tracking, social buttons and widgets, images, videos, scripts, and more
• Comprehensive and optimized built-in rules
• Create and manage your own rules
• Block or whitelist resources and websites
• Hide webpage elements
• Strip cookies from web requests
• Load websites and resources over a secure connection (https)
• Specify filters using Roadblock's simple and intuitive filter format.
• Search your custom rules and perform actions on the search results
• View and manage all custom rules generated by Roadblock when you use its Safari extension to block and hide content visually
• Copy and paste, import, export, and share custom rules
• Create and manage multiple profiles with different settings
• Activate profiles on demand
• Use different profiles on different devices
• Import, export, and duplicate profiles
• Share profiles with family and friends
• Modern Safari extension that lets you block and hide content visually, change the active profile, turn blocking on or off, and add custom rules
• Modern blocker extension that blocks content with minimal overhead and high performance
• Doesn't have access to your browsing activities and can't send any information about what was blocked back to the app
• Keeps profiles and settings up-to-date across all your devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad)
• Lets you access your profiles and settings from any device
Please note that the modern extensions and iCloud Sync require macOS Sierra (10.12) or above.
You can learn more about Roadblock for Mac at:
"the simplicity and power of profiles and the ability to create custom block and hide rules visually, make Roadblock my new favorite OS X content blocker"
"The app’s intuitive interface lets you exclude ads and content through a set of simple rules, which you can either specify manually or create interactively from any website"
"If you are having trouble focusing on the content on your favorite websites because it is full of distracting ads, you should consider opting for this efficient solution"
• Built-in rules updates and improvements
• Bug fixes and general improvements
Please open the app after updating it so the updated rules can be reloaded in Safari. It is recommended to have Safari closed when you open the app for the first time after updating it.
Ratings and Reviews
It did not work for me.
I’m not trying to write a bad review because other reviews have had good results and this is not the first time a web blocker has not worked for me. I have another web blocker that keeps me from using certain websites, and I went had my roommates use the password for it and I went in to add more websites to block, but that software would not block them. So I purchased the Roadblock app hoping that it would work, but unfortunately as I entered in the websites to block, I am still able to open them. I am wondering if this is more of an issue with my laptop or if it is the app.
Hello, thank you for the review. Try checking the "include subdomains" option when you add websites to the "Block Websites" custom rule. If you are still unable to block websites then contact us from the main menu > About Roadblock and we will try to resolve the issue you are having.
Does not seem to work
While this seems to have a good rating, save your money for something that works. Having installed this, I restarted safari several times to make sure that it should be installed and working. (My mood was not good after finding the latest version of safari got rid of what I considered a great adblocker!) As a result of using this product, I now know some of my favorite sites bury the news articles in unwanted ads!
Thank you for your review. Roadblock works on the latest official version of macOS (10.14) and the latest official version of Safari (12.0) without any issues. Contact us using the Main Menu > About Roadblock > Contact to help you resolve the issue.
I have been using this app and the iOS version of this app for a few weeks now. Both are GREAT!! No issues at all. I have tried a few other content blockers and this one is my favorite one by far!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.