RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your run pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
RunKeeper works even better with your Apple Watch!
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Heart rate monitor to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Get cadence trends and steps for every run
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist
○ Run with music and playlists from your iTunes library or Spotify
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ Apple HealthKit
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them.
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.5
RunKeeper is here for the Apple Watch! A golden opportunity to make running a lot more awesome.
- RunKeeper for Apple Watch: the most magical thing to happen to running since the iPhone!
- Leave your phone in your pocket as you start, view, and complete your run all from the Apple Watch.
- Follow your training plan workouts with notifications right from the watch. Really awesome for when you think you’re about to die from that speed interval.
Tracks well but had Annoying screens and emails you even if you unsubscribe
This app seems to work well if you're actually moving, but I kept it on in the airport one day just out of curiosity about how much I walked (had a four hour layover). I thought it was odd that I had walked nearly six miles....Paid close attention to it while I was waiting in line to board the plane. According to Runkeeper I walked nearly half a mile from the end of the line to the plane itself, which was definitely no more than about 600 feet :(
So, be sure to pause this if you're stopping to stretch, etc
Also, you have to click through annoying "good job" screens, like "fastest 3 mile run!" or other nonsense. AND it sends you emails, even when you specifically unsubscribe.
Great Accountability App
I have been using this app for a couple years now and it keeps me accountable in my fitness lifestyle. It also has wonderful training programs for getting ready for Marathons, Half Marathons, 10ks and lots of other things. I have used them every time I'm training for a run. Right now I'm doing the training for a 10K since I will be doing a leg in a Marathon Relay in June. It is a very flexible app. I also use it everyone I go biking, hiking, walking, running, etc. I also log all of my strength training and cardio workouts. It does just about anything you want it to do! It also links nicely with MyFitnessPal which I also use religiously.
Best running app out there
I started running in 2013 and downloaded this app to keep track of my miles. Since then I have tracked weight loss, and ran my first half marathon using RunKeeper. The app has never caused me any problems, and has a really clean look to it. It keeps me motivated by sending me notifications every now and then, which I love (and need). The only thing I would recommend is for RunKeeper to develop more plans for people not using Elite. The Elite subscription is pretty expensive, and although I love running and want more plans, Elite is a little steep for a college student. Other than that, I think the app is perfect!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 58.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99