Runkeeper—GPS Running Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.5.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day.
- We've added support for Fitbit activity syncing. Connect in the app to have your activities tracked on your Fitbit sync automatically to your Runkeeper account.
- Runkeeper is now compatible with the new iPhone X and iOS 11 release.
- We've also fixed a bug with connecting your heart rate monitors on iOS 11.
Apple Watch users, thank you for your feedback on the issues you are experiencing. We are working hard on fixing these problems to ensure you have a great experience when running. We will be releasing an update with these fixes very quickly.
Great experience until it stopped being reliable
For a couple of months I’ve been using Runkeeper and loved it. It’s simple but rich watch complication was just perfect. But over the past two weeks I’ve had three runs that I’ll start from my watch and see distance increase. However at a later time, like say when I know I’ve hit my next mile, I’ll check my time and the distance will have reset to 0.00. The timer is still going and luckily I run the same route in my neighborhood so I just have to get on a computer to fix my distance. But the point of this review is for users to beware that this app will spoil you and when it doesn’t work, it’s quite frustrating by comparison. I will keep checking for updates both firmware and AppStore hoping that this issue disappears.
Tracked a 5K this morning from my watch, reviewed the stats as my 2nd fastest 5K on my phone. Then I went to my dashboard to see my week stats and the activity changed to a 0.09mi run lasting 35 seconds. So I’m officially done trusting this app. I will leave my rating because it really was awesome when it worked well.
Terrible with the Apple Watch
I’ve been a very happy Runkeeper user since 2012, and I’ve paid for Runkeeper Go since 2015. And for most of that time, I’ve loved the app. However, I have had a pretty consistently terrible experience since I got an Apple Watch, and I don’t even think all of my problems lately are related to the Apple Watch. I’ve given Runkeeper the benefit of the doubt, talked extensively with Runkeeper support, and assumed the issues would be resolved soon. But my experience training and running the NYC marathon has lead me to the point where I can’t keep using this app.
Throughout training, I would have the problem where after everything was working great for the first 7-10 miles, I’d look at my Apple watch and notice that runkeeper was no longer running. If I launched it on my watch, it would reset me to zero miles. Another time, I’d be a few miles in, I’d all of a sudden hear “activity started” and realize I was back at zero. Uggghhhh. I also had all of these problems during the actual marathon, regardless of whether I started the activity on my phone or watch, and In the end, I was forced to run without any pace tracking at all.
App is buggy and custom training plans are horrible
Update: This app isn’t worth a flip with the iPhone X with my Apple Watch. Click on Friends - it crashes. The runs don’t save. I switched to the workout app and tried to add a screenshot of my workout, but Runkeeper doesn’t even ask iPhone for permission to photos - so they post as blank. Come on developers, get this working. I 100% regret paying for the service - it hasn’t worked correctly in a while.
I initially loved this app. I loved it so much, I went premium and bought the advanced features. There is a huge gap between the web version vs. the app -- and what is present in both is inconsistent. The training plans cannot really be modified. Some plans that you select on the phone do not show up on the web. It's still a good idea to track runs, but when you get serious about training -- not so much. Stick with the free version until they work out the bugs.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 04, 2017
- Version: 8.5.1
- Size: 151 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go Monthly$9.99
- Runkeeper Go Yearly$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99