RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.4.1
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Fails during each use (reproducible)
I’ve loved this app in the past, but for a couple of months now it consistently fails to track my entire walk. That is, I start tracking with the “Go Walking” button, put the phone in my pocket, and check back some time later. Almost every time, I’ll find that the app needs to be relaunched and when it launches it tells me that I should either Finish or Resume tracking. In either case, it’s missed a portion of my walk. Sometimes the app quits after 30 minutes or so, and sometimes after only 7 seconds. Either way, it’s unreliable. I’ve noticed that if I take a picture on my walk RunKeeper quits silently in the background 100% of the time, such that if I take a picture I must immediately relaunch RunKeeper and Resume tracking, or I’ll miss a part of my hike. I wish there was a better way of contacting the developer to work out bugs like this, but here we are.
Focus on core functions
The programmers and staff who develop Runkeeper seem to be overlooking the obvious: if the core functions of your app don't work properly, it doesn't matter how many shiny buttons or happy features you add to it. I don't care if Runkeeper reminds me every day at 9:00 to run if the GPS isn't accurate--and it's not consistently accurate. It varies by considerably from an identical route one day to the next. I don't care if you have a new flashy display after your app just crashed repeatedly and lost all of my run data today.
Stop adding new marginally useful features until you get the important ones working correctly, consistently, and reliably. The only reason I gave it two stars is that it seems to work pretty well with the Wahoo heart monitor. Other than that, the year+ I've used it has been a back and forth of fixing one feature and breaking another.
Today widget issues
Since upgrading to iOS 8.2 the Today Widget quick launch "Go Running" button no longer works.
Also there really needs to be a feature that allows you to set more specific workout reminders. For instance, if I want to run Monday, Wednesday and Friday of every week, I couldn't just set it to remind me every two days because there's 7 days in a week and it would remind me on Sunday. I don't want to have to manually enter when to remind me after every time I run.
Other than that I think this app is great. I wouldn't mind if they cooled it on the social media settings and sharing stuff since I don't use any of it but I don't blame them for trying to get the word out there about their app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 5.4.1
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99