RunKeeper - GPS Track Running Walking Cycling
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the more than 28 million people who are using RunKeeper to turn their phone into a personal trainer in their pocket! Track your runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
- See detailed stats around your pace, distance, and time.
- Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
- Listen and control your music while you work out.
- Measure your heart rate with many available sensors.
- Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
Measure your performance over time
- View a detailed history of your activities to see how you are doing.
- Get notified when you hit new personal bests and milestones.
- Measure your progress against your goals and targets.
- Follow detailed plans to help you achieve specific fitness objectives.
- Turn any activity into a route to do again later.
Share with friends
- Post your activities, achievements and plans to Facebook, Twitter and your friends on RunKeeper.com.
- Let supporters watch LIVE maps of your workouts and races as you go (must subscribe to RunKeeper Elite).
Get a broader picture of your health at RunKeeper.com
- Integrate your activity data with more than 70 other apps and services including MyFitnessPal, Lose It, Fitbit, Withings, Garmin and many more, to get deeper insight into your overall health.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
Way out there!!!
I tried other apps to track my time, distance and miles. RunKeeper is way out there. With other run apps you have to have GPS in order to track any exercises. With the RunKeeper I can track inside workout without GPS. Outside workouts are even easier and if GPS isn't working, it's all still good. RunKeeper is so good I have put my Garmin Forerunner down for awhile. I will put both the RunKeeper and my Garmin to the test to see how accurate they are. But for now I haven't seen a better app that has it all in one place. Less items and gadgets to take on long runs. If it becomes an emergency I can still dial 911 since it's on the iPhone.
Weight graph doesn't work, doesn't track non GPS workouts
Used since 2009 and they've improved it a lot over the years. But it still has quirks. Weight tracker records weights but stopped plotting weight history graph. There is no ability to track heart rate when doing non GPS workouts like weight training, swimming in pool, core exercises (otherwise t would be a better overall fitness tracker - many runners cross train to some extent). Finally, I wish it would let you select miles or km at the time you're entering distances, not in settings. If you're traveling and in a foreign country running on a treadmill, you have to convert km to miles- inconvenient. Otherwise it's overall a very good running app.
Great alternative to basic pedometer!
Have been using this app for quite a while and really like it. I had been using a simple pedometer, very basic, but this app offers so much more. I walk a lot doing my job, so I like to see just how far I actually do walk. I just discovered the option to have it automatically start/stop when you're walking 15 min + without having to manually start/stop it; pretty cool! And I love all the other options, tho listening to music on the job will be a no-no, it's great to have that option at other times.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 06, 2014
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite Yearly Membership$19.99
- Elite Monthly Membership$4.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99