Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.12.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day.
• We updated your activity list view to include more visuals like photos and badges to denote personal records.
• You'll see we redesigned the activity tracking display so that your stats, splits, and maps are easier to read.
Loving your Runkeeper experience? Please leave us a review!
Must-have run companion
Sometime within the last 3 updates, I started experiencing problems with editing my runs after the fact. I like to add a note to remind me of little things from my runs and I use RK to track my shoes and friends I ran with. As an example, I'll save a note then realize I forgot to select the shoes I wore (I switch back and forth when breaking in a new pair so, although RK remembers the most recent shoes worn, that feature isn't useful during this time). The problem is that I'll check back on an activity -- maybe a few days later -- to find that my note is no longer there or my shoes reverted back to the pair used on the run previous or my tagged friend is no longer tagged. It's getting extremely frustrating having to do everything twice. As a long-time Runkeeper user, I'm sad to have to reduce my review to 3 stars and I'm now considering looking into using a different activity-tracking app.
New visuals but not sure is the right decision
Guys, this review is for the design team:
The app itself looks friendly with the new visuals, but why would I always want to see this enormous cards for my activity list? Before I had a good sense of my week workout amount, but not anymore. Look like a badly cropped Instagram feed. At least could have the image cropped on the top. Would be great to at least have a different view option. The stopwatch workout won't show the heart which for me is annoying as the Apple Watch is not on all the time but I keep the phone in front of me to have this heart zone feedback while doing the exercise.
In the bright side the typography and size are way better to glance while running, and all the visual inputs are in place. Love it.
What a great way to stay motivated. There have been many days where I want to exercise and even more days where I don't. This app is great with the constant reminders of "getting myself moving". I work a lot of hours and I can always find a way to say, I'll do it trw, or the next day. The rewards the app has given me and the constant motivation and my out belly has caused me to take this more serious. So today, I did my first major walk with more to come. Thank Run Keeper, you make walking, running and cycling so much funnier.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 7.12.1
- Size: 152 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go$9.99
- Runkeeper Go$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$39.99
- RunKeeper Elite$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99