By Carnegie Mellon University
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SafeSlinger: Speak 3 words and forever chat in peace.
SafeSlinger is designed to easily share identity data, in person or over the phone, authenticated, private, and intact. Each person you share with creates a secure end-to-end channel to send messages.
- Easily exchange contact information with others
- Securely sling texts, photos, anything!
- Strong cryptography protects your information
open source: http://github.com/safeslingerproject
1. Must be installed on a minimum of 2 devices.
2. An Internet connection must be active.
Related Terms: Safe, Slinger.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
1. Remove compose view and integrate message compose functionality with thread view.
2. Add auto-decryption feature to enhance usability.
3. Stability fixes.
Dead project :-( buggy SSL code!
This app should have been the best free encryption app on the market.
Instead sadly it has stopped any development and contains vulnerable OpenSSL version.
I would have kept using it despite the horrible User Interface (looks like a rough mock-up compared to whatsapp, messenger etc) but the SSL bug is what really made me give it up.
update: It's server finally died end of august 2016, messages are no longer delivered.
thank you CMU for the two good years when it worked, and sad goodbye!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 21, 2015
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Seller: Carnegie Mellon University
- © Copyright 2010-2015 Carnegie Mellon CyLab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.