Quickly and easily connect and control your devices from a single app!
Control your Samsung Smart TVs, appliances, and SmartThings-compatible devices
With SmartThings, you can connect and control multiple devices quicker and easier. No matter where you are, you can monitor and control smart devices, home appliances, TVs, and speakers registered on the server.
- Remotely control and check the status of devices registered through a Wi-Fi AP.
- Group multiple devices into a Mode and control them simultaneously.
- Configure your device settings, including the time and operating conditions, and operate them automatically.
- Invite others to a location where devices are registered to enable shared control.
- The notification feature allows you to receive status information about your device.
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
Some mobile devices may not be supported.
- iOS 10.0 or later / iPhone 6 or later / iPad mini2 or later
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
[Optional access permissions]
• Camera: Scan QR codes.
We’ve been hard at work making the SmartThings app better for you. This release brings you:
- Support for the next generation SmartThings Hub launched in the UK!
- Improvements to the new SmartThings Hub onboarding process, including support for users who want to upgrade from the last generation of SmartThings Hub for US and UK
- Improved Zigbee 3 device pairing process for US and UK
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I highly recommend this
To help make life easier, You should outfit your house with smart lights, digital locks, security cameras, thermostats, and more, then you're going to need a smart home hub to connect them all together.
I’ve researched and tried many smart home, automation gears available on the market. I think Samsung SmartThing might be the best option.
Samsung SmartThings hub can connect to more than 200 devices(more than most other hubs)and lets you create a wide range of different scenarios for all of the gadgets in your home.
Installation remains extremely basic, largely a matter of plugging the hub into your router and setting up an account with Samsung. (Like the first-generation hub, the second-generation does not integrate Wi-Fi.) From there, you can start adding devices to work with the hub. SmartThings has its own branded sensors and other gear.
The hub has both ZigBee and Z-Wave radios onboard, and two USB ports for local devices.
Getting worse not better
I’ve used smartthings for 3 or 4 years now. It’s never been very stable. I changed from the classic to the new app as we’d done extensive remodeling and it made sense to start from scratch with the new app. Joining new items seems much more robust than it used to be but geolocation never works and the app requires me to sign in every single time I use it. Smartthings has always been a beta release which you end up working around or living with it’s limitations. The new app is a two steps forward, two steps back sort of thing. One day it’ll maybe do what it’s supposed to but don’t expect it to be now. At least there is more overall support but the downside to that is my coding skills are getting rusty.
Oh and one more thing, the security issue. I was in a store the other day and my app asked me if I wanted to sync with one of the TVs there. That could have been fun...
Hello, Ellen with SmartThings support here. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback about the new app! I'm so sorry to hear about the login and geolocation issues, and I'll be sure to report these to our app teams. Please reach us at support.smartthings.com or at 1-800 SAMSUNG so we can look further into these app issues and collect more information for our investigating teams. You can be prompted to connect to devices on the same WiFi network, so you may have gotten this prompt because you were connected to the same network as the TV. Our support team can help look into this as well so please don't hesitate to call or email us!
This app is improving but it doesn’t even support my GE Z-Wave light motion sensor. The funny thing is it works fine on the classic app. The new app just says it can’t recognize it.
Would also like to see a widget in iOS and an app on the Apple Watch like the classic app. I have the ADT SmartThings hub and think it would be nice to incorporate my arming and disarming commands with other self automation. For instance when I go to bed I have to arm my system to “Stay” and then select my self automation titled “Goodnight” to turn off the lights. It would be great to do both functions with the press of one button. That’s what SmartThings is all about, simplicity.
Improve this stuff and I’ll give it 5 stars.
Hello, Ellen with SmartThings support here. I appreciate the honest feedback. I'll be sure to get a request to our app teams for widget support, and I'll report the issue with your GE motion sensor as well. Unfortunately, due to security concerns, it's not possible automatically disarm and arm your SmartThings ADT Hub, it has to be done on the Panel or manually in the app. I'll be sure to pass on a request for more automation options for this, and you can also chat with us at support.smartthings.com if you have more questions or requests for new features. We're always happy to help!
- Samsung Electronics
- 342.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.