* Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Galaxy Watch application connects Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Watch Active to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active features and applications installed through Galaxy App Store. Use the Galaxy Watch application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
Install the Galaxy Watch application on your mobile device, then pair your Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Watch Active with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Watch application are only available when Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth: Required for communication with Watch
- Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos: For sending image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
ㆍRequired for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM
ㆍDuring the eSIM activation in Galaxy Watch Setup.
ㆍDuring update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts: Required to access phone contacts to add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location: Required to Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar: Permission required to Sync Watch Calendar
- Notification: Required for accessing Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data: Required to access service when you couldn't access Wi-Fi network"
- Added Support for Galaxy Watch Active
- General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
Gear watch rocks with iPhone
I’m a watch magnet. I own Apple Watch, Huawei Classic, LG Urbane 2, TicWatch 2 and my absolute favorite Samsung Gear S3. I’m definitely an Apple person with iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro devices. But Samsung nailed it with the Gear wearables (my new Galaxy Watch is already ordered.). Without a doubt, the Gear S app delivers all the functionality you expect and need. Notifications are great, phone call and message monitoring and more. Fitness tracking with the Samsung Health phone app is also top shelf. iPhone with Gear wearables is by far my favorite combo. The minor Gear S app limitations are imposed by Apple and not a shortcoming of the app itself. For example, you can’t view phone battery status on the watch. Also, you cannot respond to messages from the watch. But the evolving niche of smart watches was clearly not meant to replace your phone. The only thing I’d like to see is the ability to access premium paid Galaxy App content. Otherwise, you won’t regret adding a Samsung wearable to your iPhone. BTW... Gear watches are great “watches” also with always-on displays and classic styling. Thanks Samsung!
Developer Response ,
Dear Richslr, thanks for your feedback.we appreciate your review and suggestion. We will pass the feedback about responding message and battery status to development team. Moreover hopefully you will love our galaxy watch. Thanks for being with us.
Was excited to get my first smart watch. Longtime iPhone user but prefer the look of the Galaxy Watch so decided to go for it and buy one. I read and watched videos on the limitations of pairing with the iPhone. Figured there was plenty of functionality to make the purchase worthwhile. I would give it 4 stars if Samsung would allow the messages and email apps on the watch but sadly it does not. None of the videos I watched mentioned anything about emails and messages not be allowed by iOS users so wondering if these a recent change. Did some online searches to see if I was the only one with this issue. I’m not and there are lots of theoretical solutions like resetting the phone and such but none work. It seems clear Samsung is limiting these two apps and not allowing the iOS user to have them on the galaxy watch. Disappointed, obviously text messages and email notifications are an important function with a smart watch but they are clearly not available for iOS users. Will wait a week or so to see if there is a resolution otherwise this watch will be returned. Samsung I see you read and respond to some reviews. Can you confirm you are restricting the messages and email apps for iOS users on the galaxy watch?
Developer Response ,
Dear user, can you please tell us the problem you are facing in details? Are you not getting any notification? You can receive any Email accept for default Email App. You can check from Galaxy App whether any notification is blocked or not. Also, please go to your iPhone Settings>Notifications> Messages/ or any app > Toggle Allow (also click on lock screen, notification center & banner).
Let us know if the problem is solved. Thank you!
Classic Samsung On An Apple Platform
Don’t know why there are reviews between 2 and 4 stars. Either you like it or you don’t. I think the Samsung Gear is better than the Apple Watch. They seem to always be one step ahead of Apple. So that’s the reason for the review I am writing. Since I prefer the Samsung Gear I need this program to interact with my phone. There are apps that could use work and there are those that are awesome and became an important thing that I use in life every, if not almost every day. I am so glad that all the apps associated with Samsung Gear are supported on the IPhone IOS and not locked out for example there are things you can do with a Mac IOS or a Windows system. Just really glad they didn’t go down that path with Apple’s IProducts. As far as this program is concerned, it’s going to probably be a choice for everyone on whether or not you like the Samsung Gear or the Apple Watch.
Developer Response ,
Dear BigDaddy111975, glad to know that you are happy with our app and thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if we can improve your experience in any other way. Thanks for being with us.
- Samsung Electronics
- 173.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.