* Samsung Health is currently compatible with Samsung Gear S2, Samsung Gear S3, Gear Fit2, Gear Fit2 pro and Gear Sports only.
Samsung Health provides basic, but mandatory features that help you improve your health.
Samsung Health analyses your exercise and activity history, and helps you achieve weight loss and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Using several trackers, you can manage your walking, running, cycling, mountain climbing, indoor exercise, and outdoor exercise data, etc., while useful tips and exercise programs developed based on your customized settings help you fulfill the purpose of your exercise.
42 languages, including English, French, and Chinese, are supported; for other language regions, English is supported.
The available features may vary depending on the region, service provider, and device model.
You can manage data via Samsung account.
Samsung Health must only be used for improving physical fitness and health, and cannot be used for diagnosing disorders or conditions, or for curing, relieving, treating, or preventing disorders.
This new version has 3 new features and some minor bug fixing that are very important for the user.
Account optional: From now on Samsung Health can be used without Samsung Account also. But for features which need Samsung account (like data backup or Together) user will be taken to login page.
Notification: Local notification will show after achieving Step target.
App lock: Device lock can be used as app lock from now on.
Ratings and Reviews
Two times in the past two to three months, the app had everything disappear except the three goal rings at the top. I had to completely reset everything in order to get anything to work. Then, today, everything was gone again, but this time even the goal rings were gone. How can you track anything if you have to reset everything every month? This is ridiculous. Not to mention, I’ve started getting an error every time I try to send an error report. I will never invest in anything Samsung again, that is for sure. These aren’t even including the watch issues I’ve had. So disappointed.
Update: They reached out to respond to this review by telling me to reinstall the app (yet again) and restart my iPhone (yet again)... I’m sick of having to delete and reinstall this app, losing all of my data... isn’t the very point of an app like this, the data? I will not be reinstalling the app yet again. Too many issues between my watch and the app, both. Neither work correctly as often as they should, in my experience. Good luck to Samsung and other users.
Dear EmmElle86, Sorry to hear your experience.we found our latest version have some issue with iphone 5c or lower. please wait for next update if you are using one of these devices.
Update: if your iPhone model is 5/5c then there is update , request to update new version.
Three Major Bugs
Premise: I really love this app! I so appreciate the Samsung gear watch, and I love that it has an iOS version app. I also love the ability to set goals, log food, and compete internationally with steps! All great things!! Without the following bugs, I would give this app 5 stars.
1) the app will misplace food entries, specifically putting yesterday's dinner/"evening snack" into today's log for dinner/"evening snack". It is very frustrating to have to reprogram meals into previous days; I often have to do it two or three times before it sticks! Very bad.
2) the app immediately crashes when I try to access my physical goal (one of the top wheels in the upper left corner that keeps track of my total activity of the day in terms of minutes). The screen goes black and returns me to my home screen :/ extremely frustrating.
3) I am unable to write a comment/complaint to Samsung directly through the app. Every time I try, the message either refuses to send or the app itself crashes. I have tried different internet sources, resetting my whole phone, refreshing the app -- nothing allows for me to send communication over these problems directly to the app creator :/
Please note: my iOS system is up to date as of two days ago, and problems persist/worsen. My phone is iPhone 6 gen. I have the latest update for the Samsung app.
I hope to update my review of this app if/when these bugs are fixed. I hope to hear from the Samsung team soon. Thank you.
Dear llsadmire, sorry to hear your experience. For 1) Can you please share your time zone settings and location, so that we can check the issue. 2) Can you please do the the sever sync, back up your data and then re-install the application. After re-installation please sync your data again. Let us know the status. Thank you.
Steps don’t sync after update
Sleep, workouts and heart rate sync fine but steps show zero in the app, even though they show on my gear fit 2. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted iPhone and gear fit 2, checked gear fit 2 for updates and still doesn’t work. Very frustrating. Everything worked fine til the update. I also wish gear fit 2 had the aerobics, skiing (and other sports listed in the app) as an option when selecting a workout. It would be a nice enhancement. EDIT: software version R360XXU1DQJ3. Edit2: I updated to 3 stars as I did receive a response and instructions on how to get additional help. It’s still not syncing steps but I’m following up to get more help. EDIT 4: it’s finally working. Support desk sent a long list of things to try and one worked. Thank you. Leaving my rating at 3 as it could be so much better but for the features available it works as advertised
Thanks again for your update.
Please let us know how you made it work :)
Development team is always trying to improve customer experience so your feedback is much valued by them.
- Samsung Electronics
- 203.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2016 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.