Sat-Fi turns your smartphone or wireless device into a satellite enabled device. Easily send/receive email and data from any Wi-Fi enabled device from beyond cellular service with the world’s most reliable satellite hotspot.
The App is available for Free to Sat-Fi users with the following requirements:
•One of the following satellite Phones
•SPOT Global Phone
•Active Globalstar or SPOT satellite airtime plan
•Sat-Fi App username and password
Support for PredictWind
Ratings and Reviews
This is the future
Safety and communication everywhere in the world, this service is Now a big jump in the human progress!
West coast fisherman
This is the worst thing ever next to 1700 global star says they are the best is such false advertising well known for the worst service the app definitely needs updating!!!
Great for email/social/and very low res pix
Some things that may not be obvious when you use this with the GPS-1700:
1) Under settings - weather - does not apply to GPS-1700 connection.
2) Set up image quality transmission under settings image. I am using 30 which transmits fast enough, but is thumbnail size on the other end.
3) To use Facebook, you have to set up your FB account mobile phone setting because you post via email with the 9600. You can not see replies or likes until you get home and check your account. Same with Twitter - one way.
4) You can only use your email account while connected. So, you can not access it outside of SatFi.
5) Web browsing? Remember dial-up? Yeah, a little faster than that. You must set up the manual proxy to use web browsing.
6) Anything else outside of this app does not work just because you have SatFi.
7) Others can't just hook on to your SatFi, they need the app and an activation code (3 days free).
8) The SatFi Voice app does not work with the GPS-1700, you have to disconnect and use the 1700 as a phone to make a call.
There is a great feedback screen for all aspects of the transmission to let you know what went and what didn't . One particularly long transmission with a high quality pic that I thought didn't go actually arrived at the receivers end 3 days after I sent it, but i still recommend throttling down the photo resolutions in settings before you send because if you are like me, I still only get about 3-5 minutes of reliable connections at a time before the signal drops - and that is on a good day - and, yes, I am in the good coverage US zone under wide open skies.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.