Scany - network scanner
By Pavel Ahafonau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 50%-off! Limited time price! *** Keep an eye on your network with Scany - a powerful multifunctional instrument for finding connected devices, looking up detailed device information, network troubleshooting, scanning ports, testing network security and firewalls.
Easy and user-friendly interface allows even the inexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network and the running services.
Want to know which devices are connected to your network, which services they provide and whether someone has been using your Wi-Fi without your knowledge? Scany will answer all these questions and many more!
The great thing about Scany is that it offers lots of useful tools in addition to its primary feature of scanning your Wi-Fi, LAN or any other network and providing detailed information about any device connected to it, its domain and network names, addresses and vendor. Scany also includes a whole set of networking utilities - ping, traceroute, remote wake (WOL), Whois, Geo IP and shows information about active network connections along with the external IP address of your router.
Scany is very simple in use. Just type in the domain name of a web site, the IP address of a server or any other networking device and Scany will do everything possible to get the maximum of detailed information about it. It will scan for open ports and running services, detect the hardware manufacturer and all network names assigned to the device, network address range, round trip time and will also provide an easy access to the Whois database for all device’s domain names and IP addresses.
To scan the network and find the devices connected to it you only need to type in the starting and the ending IP addresses that are automatically detected in case of scanning the current Wi-Fi or LAN network address range.
Implementing special scanning techniques Scany FINDS EVEN HIDDEN networking DEVICES on a Wi-Fi or a LAN, whose owners do not want to advertise their presence for various reasons and hide, for example, behind a firewall. Check if someone is using your Wi-Fi, office or home network without your permission and catch the intruder!
- Scan both LAN and the Internet
- Scan any IP address or network range
- Bonjour hostnames lookup
- Windows hostnames lookup (NetBIOS, Samba)
- Device names lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
- Country of origin detection of the network owner
- Network range and AS number lookup
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping/Trace hosts with integrated tools
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses, ASNs
- Know Wi-Fi, VPN, cellular and external IPs
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail scan results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- Ultrafast asynchronous network I/O
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
What's New in Version 1.9.9
- fully supports iPad as a universal app
· supports native iPad screen resolution
· supports Portrait orientations
· one app for all devices
- significantly improved WHOIS
· automatically recognizes domain part of a hostname
· now supports 4220 domain zones in total (+ 2314 new)
· supports all 528 top level domain zones (+ 285 new)
· supports 3692 second level domain zones (+ 2029 new)
· supports all 61 IDN TLD (+ 37 new)
· 3727 zones with full WHOIS
· 493 zones with DNS info
· all zones with WHOIS are manually verified
· improved IPv4 and IPv6 lookup
· improved ASN lookup
· fixed WHOIS encoding for many international zones
- updated IP to country database
- updated hardware manufacturing vendors database
- sorting by host name is now case insensitive
- option to auto-sort hosts after LAN scanning in settings
- improved keyboard handling
- improved IDN parsing
- improved DNS parsing
- fixed memory leaks
- fixed possible crashes
Very much thought and detail.
There was a lot of thought and detail that went into this app, but there is much more left to go. While it has a lot of bells and whistles, the overall operation of the app is a bit lagy (and sometimes completely unresponsive) on my device, and a few others I have used. (My device is an iphone 4s). Whole most of the lag comes from the opening of the app (seems to take quite a while), occasionally there's a bit of lag while going through various options and functions. There can be some more optimization that can be done, clearly, but it's a nice app. If they would do the optimization required, I would give a 5 out of 5. Sadly though, they seem to be dodging this issue. Every time a new update comes out, I'm a little more displeased, seeing this is not fixed.
Extremely Helpful App
As someone who doesn't setup many servers, this app is amazing. I can quickly port scan my server to find any ports I forgot to close. It should be in everyone's bag of tools.
Powerful network utility, but not the most intuitive
Powerful scanning tool works very well. Only negative is that the functions aren't terribly intuitive for the casual user.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 28, 2014
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2014 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.