The Scarlet Letter (a novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne)
By LoudReader Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Scarlet Letter (1850) is a novel written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. It is considered his magnum opus. Set in 17th-century Puritan Boston, it tells the story of Hester Prynne, who gives birth after committing adultery and struggles to create a new life of repentance and dignity. Throughout the novel, Hawthorne explores themes of legalism, sin, and guilt.
LoudReader, an advanced iPhone reader application, featuring a simple and non-intrusive pop-up control panel through a tap, provides the following important customer benefits:
* True Full screen reading mode to give the best utilization of your precious screen.
* Easy font size change with an intuitive pinch or a +/- button to suit your preference.
* Quick scrolling navigation to provide an overview of the entire book.
* Easy scrolling navigation between chapters to quickly go to next/previous chapter or any other chapters in a book.
* Enhanced quick reference feature. Web browser style backward and forward functions maintain user's browser history. One tap on the green arrow (-> or <-) brings user back to the original book location.
In addition, LoudReader provides the following advanced features:
* Portrait and landscape reading mode. Text automatically reflows.
* Displays rich formatted HTML book (NOT plain text).
* Remembers the last reading location (exact book, chapter and scroll position).
What's New in Version 4.0
Changed to more intuitive user interface.
Improves application stability.
Application is compatible with both iPhone OS 2.x and 3.0.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 26, 2009
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jian Zhang
- © LoudReader Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.