Science360 for iPad
By National Science Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Science360 for iPad provides easy access to engaging science and engineering images and video from around the globe and a news feed featuring breaking news from NSF-funded institutions. Content is either produced by NSF or gathered from scientists, colleges and universities, and NSF science and engineering centers.
If you have questions or comments, or if you are an NSF-funded researcher and would like to have your images or video included in the app, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spectacular images from NSF-funded institutions available in high resolution for download to your iPad
- Fun and engaging streaming video (WiFi or 3G connection required) on a wide range of topics
- Hundreds of images and videos to experience, with new content added weekly
- Share images and videos on Facebook and Twitter or via email
- Keep abreast of breaking stories in scientific discovery as they happen with the in-app news feed
- Pan through content in the unique 360 view or find content via keyword with a simple two finger touch
- With a single touch, save favorite images and video within the app so that they can easily be found again
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Fixed issue with data failing to load on iOS7
The main focus of this free educational APP is to inform people of breaking news in science and engineering it is funded by The National Science Foundation (NSF) its captivating pictures of bizarre animals and beautiful landscapes accompanied by interesting and useful facts are what make this app truly engaging. It also provides educational science related videos, and is very easy to navigate and read so it is ideal for children. This is a great APP for both teachers as well as those individuals who like to be well informed or are generally interested in science. However it would be better if they tried to make it more appealing to general audiences it seems most people that this APP would appeal to are educators or people who have an interest in science. Over all I would recommend this APP to everybody, the information provided is very relevant to our world and therefore very beneficial.
Crashing since updated iOS
This is a wonderful app, for kids and adults. It won't load since I updated to the newest iOS. Please release an updated version.
Still won't connect
This is an amazing app, but it it won't connect it is useless. Please fix the fix!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Science Foundation
- © 2012 National Science Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.