Screens VNC - Access Your Computer From Anywhere
By Edovia Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Access your computers from wherever you are! Screens is a beautiful, yet powerful Screen Sharing and VNC client that lets you connect back to your Mac, Windows or Linux PC from the comfort of your living room, the corner coffee shop or anywhere in the world.
“Screens 3 brings welcome design and features that take advantage of OS X for a VNC app that’s versatile, powerful, and a pleasure to use.”
— Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Screens 3 makes the best Mac VNC app even better.”
— Rene Ritchie, iMore
“Screens 3 is a massive revamping of one of the most popular VNC clients available.”
— Mike Beasley, 9to5Mac
“Screens for Mac is the best remote access solution for accessing our Macs when away from home.”
— Bradley Chambers, The Sweet Setup
“If you ever want to access a computer from your Mac, Screens is the way to do it.”
— Shawn Blanc
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• Connect from Everywhere
Install Screens Connect on your Mac or Windows PC and make it easily reachable from anywhere in the world.
• Stay Synchronized
Your saved Screens follow you on every Mac or iOS devices you own through iCloud.
• Quickly Connect to Nearby Computers
Initiate a single-shot connection to a nearby Mac, Windows or Linux PC without having to create a new Screen.
• Connect Safely
Screens can connect back to your computer through a secured connection. Enable Remote Login on your Mac and you’re done!
• Easy Shortcuts
Assign key mappings to the most used keyboard shortcuts in order to control your remote computer more easily.
• Display Selection
Do you have more than one display attached to your Mac? Screens supports multiple displays allowing you to always access what you need, no matter which display it is on.
• Pasteboard Support
Send text back to your computer and receive text, images and URLs from it through the pasteboard.
• On Disconnect Actions
Screens can execute special commands before it disconnects from your computer. Execute one of them Hot Corners or get the remote user to log out.
AND FOR THE POWER USER:
• SSH Keys Support
Initiate a secure connection (SSH) with a key, with or without a passphrase.
Launch Screens from URL Schemes like screens://, vnc:// or ssh://.
• Screens in your menu bar
Access your recent connections or discovered computers right from your menu bar.
• A VNC Server, such as UltraVNC or TightVNC, is required to connect to a Windows PC.
• Windows and Linux users are required to configure their router and computer manually to access their computer remotely.
• A SSH Server, such as freeSSHd, is required to create a secure connection to a Windows or Linux PC.
• Pasteboard images are only receivable from a Mac. Windows and Linux PCs can only receive text and URLs.
See Screens’ User Guide for details.
• Screens will not receive any sound from your computer. This is a limitation of the RFB protocol the app is using.
• Screens Connect requires OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or later. You will need to create a free Screens ID.
What's New in Version 3.6.7
- Fixed pasteboard transfer issues
- Fixed French Belgium keyboard mapping
- Screens now supports TLS authentication. YAY!
- General stability improvements
If you could find it in your heart to give Screens an awesome review on the App Store we'd be forever grateful! <3
When I absolutely, positiviely need to get to “the other computer” — Screens 3 is the 1!
Screens is an absolute life-safer during those times when I must connect to my other machine. Sometimes it’s from the office to my home machine to capture that one document or to run a particular app or script on a file. And other times I use it from my home machine to run a virtual window on my office machine sitting next to me by tucking up a MBP window on my 27″ iMac. Seamless and secure. Smooth and agile. And nothing I have to do special. All done for me by the fine folks at Endovia.
I do business work on two Macs behind different firewalls, and must be able to access both from an iPad while on the road. This app does the job, even when "Back To My Mac" can't. Convenient, well-designed, and reliable. Boom.
keeps getting better
Recent updates have fixed problems connecting over SSH and TLS, connecting to Windows machines, and with shared clipboard. Is now the most stable and consistent VNC client I've ever used.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 20, 2015
- Version: 3.6.7
- Size: 10.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Edovia Inc.
- © 2011-2015 Edovia Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor