SEAiq is a full-featured marine navigation app.
It is the only marine navigation app that allows you to load your own charts in a variety of standard formats, including: S-57, S-63, iENC, BSB, and KAP. It also includes the ability to automatically download charts from NOAA for the USA and download of raster charts based on satellite imagery.
Other features include:
* Night color modes
* Anchor alarm
* Automatic download and display of weather (wind & isobar)
* Chart measuring tools (EBL/VRM)
* WiFi-based NMEA and AIS
No purchase is required to use SEAiq to view charts. All features are enabled during a 7-day evaluation period. After that, many of the features require purchase of an in-app upgrade.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using SeaIQ for 2 years now. It was used to sail from fort Pierce to the Bahamas loading all Explorer charts (Raster). Then later loading all my vectors charts used on OpenCPN we sailed from the Bahamas to Cayman, Guatemala. Just had some issue with some S-63 charts - but I have the same issue with OpenCPN. The app is very intuitive and easy to learn. We are using it more now than our laptop and as a substitute to our Navionics chartplotter where some charts are unreliable. So far it is the best app for navigation. they could get all stars if I could use better Pacific Charts or my old CM-93 charts that are better than what their charts suppliers are selling!
Miserable chart downloader
Downloads, at least from the NOAA site, are excruciatingly slow in comparison to direct downloads from the site. Plus the app needs to be on screen with the iPad awake for downloads to complete. Any switching away can cause one or more chart downloads to fail, and you, rather than the app have to retry the update to pick up the missed charts. Lazy software design yields a poor user experience. The premium features would be worth the money but presumably the quality of the free version matches that of the paid version so no thanks.
This app is great
I downloaded this app to use in the tender on iPad and iPhone and when not within range of our furuno tz touch.
The 20 bucks to upgrade is well worth the price considering you can use it with already purchased or cm93 charts or with free us downloadable charts.
If you want a chart plotter for a tenth the cost of a marine version I suggest this app, an iPad and a lifeproof cover. i honestly would be happy sailing around the world with one(and a few paper charts for spare;)
I will mention that with the entire world downloaded the system runs a bit slower but if you only have the area you are using installed it seems to run faster. Also after installing it on your iPad and when you go to use it on your iPhone you just have to click purchase again and it will update although you don't get charged twice as long as your apple ID is the same.
Happy sailing and thanks seaiq for putting chart plotters within reach of the common people. I wonder how long it is before everyone is using iPad as there main chart plotters?
- Sakhalin, LLC
- 29.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Sakhalin LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade for Premium Features $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.