By What Is It Production Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Nowadays we are used to imported fruits and vegetables being available all year round. But by following the natural seasons you can experience a greater variety of produce all at the very peak of freshness just as nature intended.
Seasons brings all the information you need to you to make the right decisions when choosing your food during shopping or at the restaurant. Live greener with buying local and seasonal products.
• Seasons data for fruits, vegetables, lettuces, herbs, mushrooms and nuts
• 214 entries, each with photo, short description and seasonal data
• Includes local seasons as well as import seasons
• Support for US, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Western and Central Europe
• Detail view for each entry with all the information and season sequence
• Overview of produce with current season
• Monthly overview
• Category overview
• Shows nearby farmers' markets using data of U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural (United States), Australian Farmers' Markets Association (Australia), Qype (Europe) and Local Food Advisor (UK+Ireland)
• Auto detect region setting using GPS/WLAN
• English, French, German and Spanish localization
What's New in Version 3.2
• add iOS 5 support
• fixes issue with farmers markets not showing up in certain situations
This app has some amazing information. It lists produce in season. It tells you about local
Farmers Markets. My favorite part is it has a list of all types of produce and tells you a bit about each item.
No what's in season
The app does what it says. It groups more than fruits & veggies. It tells what's in season & when the season starts. Gives details on some produce. Gave 4 stars because it should have capability to identify produce by using camera since they're charging for the app.
The data is wrong!!
The items are not in the correct season groups.