Seconds - Interval Timer
By Runloop Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 1 million downloads, and has over 5000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• Apple Health integration for up-to-date body measurements and workout sharing.
Please note: while this is a free download - and you get to use all the features - it is still a paid app. A one time, in-app purchase is required to upgrade the app. This will enable you to save the timers you create, and remove the ads.
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• UNIVERSAL APP
Seconds has been built from the ground up to support iOS 8 and work on all screen resolutions. You can run it in the foreground and disable the Auto-Lock, or run it in the background and have it play your alerts and send notifications when your intervals are complete.
What's New in Version 3.1
As with any update the app rating gets reset so please rate the app again if you like it. Occasionally after a workout you may be prompted to leave a rating. If this offends you, rather than rate the app badly, just turn this feature off in the settings and you will not be bothered. Hope you enjoy the update!
- Added: iOS 9 split screen support.
- Added: Apple Health support.
- Added: new URL scheme to launch timers from other apps (details in Help)
- Added: option to randomize circuit training template and Tabata template.
- Added: remote control functionality.
- Added: 'album art' for lock screen showing now and next intervals (only works with internal audio).
- Added: audio selection at a timer level is back.
- Added: alternating beep alert.
- Added: an opt-out setting for rating requests. The app needs ratings though so please don't.
- Added: average and max heart rates to display options.
- Changed: timer will exit upon ending in the background to preserve battery.
- Changed: sub-timers end alerts don't play.
- Changed: second interval of split to exclude from count.
- Changed: iPad help to open fullscreen.
- Fixed: durations displayed in the list for circuit and compound timers.
- Fixed: crash when trying to paste into empty folder when using the popup menu.
- Fixed: crash when trying to email support via help pages.
- Fixed: halfway alerts playing at start of intervals with an odd number of seconds.
- Fixed: initial heart rate display.
- Fixed: calorie calculation bug.
The best by far!
Seconds is a superior timer and workout app. It is simple to set up, once you understand the terms (the help function is excellent for that) yet it allows compound timers of any length and complexity you could think of. It comes with a bunch of sample timers to get you started. You might never need to create from scratch if you don't want to.
When you create fingers, the cut and paste function makes it so easy to set up even a long, involved workout.
I've tried at least five workout timer apps which have ranged from useless to okay, but nothing comes close to Seconds for flexibility and functionality. Worth every penny.
Works but drains battery
The app works as described, it is an excellent timer for HIIT training. However, if you don't close it when you are done using it it will DRAIN your battery. According to my settings it used more of my battery than any other app in the past week just in the background (why? What could it possibly be doing in the background?) and this is coming from someone who uses my phone for a ton of different things like reading the news, snapchat, etc. an app I use as a timer for 15 minutes a day should not even come close to using as much battery as many of my other apps. Please fix this.
Customizable timer for any workout/practice
Its a great timer. I've used it for kettle bells, boxing, gymnastics, running and sprint intervals, tabatas, etc. Also great for daily practices or learning a skill (instrument or voice training).
Very customizable with labels for each interval and the ability to save your workouts to return to. The only thing I could ask for would be a way to add notes to each workout to keep track of your score/reps so the next time you do it you could look back on it but that's getting picky.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Runloop Ltd
- © 2010-2015 Runloop Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$4.99