Seconds - Timer for Interval Training, Circuit Training, HIIT, Tabata, WOD and fitness workouts
By Runloop Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOOK NO FURTHER, you have just found the most advanced interval training timer on the App Store. Seconds has been downloaded over 1 million downloads, and has over 5000 5-star reviews. Other interval timers don't even come close when it comes to quality, features and ease of use.
SECONDS AT A GLANCE:-
• Large clear display
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
• Custom timers to create any intervals imaginable
• Bluetooth heart rate sensor support
• Speaks your interval names in your language
• Loud or soothing alerts
• Coordinate music with intervals
• Universal app, works on all devices
• External display and AirPlay Mirroring support
• Runs in the background
• LARGE CLEAR DISPLAY AND COLOUR CODING
The timing screen has a large time display that can easily be read from a distance. It works in portrait or landscape. The current interval and next interval are displayed so you can see also what's up now and next. The entire background uses the current interval colour so you don't even need to read the name.
• TEMPLATES MAKE IT EASY TO PROGRAM
Seconds comes with templates for HIIT, Tabata and Circuit Training making it very easy to quickly create a timer for your workouts. If you require more advanced options, Seconds doesn't let you down. You can create completely custom timers one interval at a time, or even combine timers together to create compound timers.
• HEART RATE SENSORS
Seconds supports Bluetooth heart rate sensors and allows you to configure the display to show your current heart rate and estimated calories burned during your training session.
• TEXT TO SPEECH AND ALERTS
The text to speech option will read out your interval names as you get to them, or even give you some advance warning. Alternatively, you can choose from the built in alerts. These ranges from simple beeps, to MMA air horns and boxing bells, to bells and gongs for more relaxing timers.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. For each interval, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply play another music source in the background.
• SHARE YOUR TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
Share the timers you’ve created or completed with your friends on your Twitter, Facebook or Weibo. They will then be able to import your timer into their app.
• EXPORT TIMERS
Transfer all your timers to another device of yours or a friends easily via Email or AirDrop.
• EXTERNAL DISPLAY
Use AirPlay Mirroring to display your timers on a big screen. Perfect for personal trainers and fitness class instructors. Enable Privacy Mode so your personal or client timers are not displayed as you navigate the app.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Want a timer for the 7 minute workout, or Tabata. Seconds comes with these preinstalled as well as samples of the other timer types.
• UNIVERSAL APP
Seconds has been built from the ground up to support iOS 8 and work on all screen resolutions. You can run it in the foreground and disable the Auto-Lock, or run it in the background and have it play your alerts and send notifications when your intervals are complete.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Thank you everyone for your feedback with version 3.0.1. It's been very well received.
In this version more of the functionality that had been removed has been restored (most notably the Bluetooth heart rate sensor support) and more bugs have been fixed.
One big change is the removal of timer-level audio. The reasons for which are as follows:
1. The majority of people that want music to continuously play throughout a timer use an external app.
2. The same result can be achieved by setting audio on the first interval of the timer and settings it to Resume and Persist.
3. The feature was introduced as a workaround before background modes were added.
If this is a deal breaker please contact me directly and I'll see what I can work out. You can email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
Have a great 2015!
- Bluetooth heart rate support.
- Option to use heavier font throughout.
- Overrun feature to timers.
- Ability to change the timer fields.
- Interval elapsed option to timer fields.
- Calories option to timer fields.
- Personal Details section to enable calorie calculation.
- Share settings screen.
- Halfway alert option to intervals
- Timer list share action to share on social networks (will link to intervaltimer.com)
- Share within Organise mode to Export.
- Edit icon to a pencil.
- Preparation interval to use timer alerts.
- Passive rate prompt.
- Tapping email in help pages to open support screen.
- End beep alerts to use 2 beeps + a long beep.
- Timer-level audio.
- Volume option from intervals without audio.
- Resuming between intervals with same query params.
- Audio not resuming after interruptions.
- Crash on iPad when launching a timer with music while playing external audio.
- Bug where timer would go crazy after previewing alerts more than once.
- External display and timer views bugs.
Beware of the new version of this app
I teach several fitness classes at a local gym. My classes are structured around HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). I bought this app for the express purpose of using it in my classes to keep track of the time so i would not have to use a stopwatch. Each movement in my class lasts 30 seconds. That means that one of my timers that I created in the app has approximately 77 intervals. I created 13 timers so I could have different workouts in my classes. Under the original version of the app, once I created a timer with the name of the movement and the duration all I had to do at the bottom of the window was tell the app what playlist in iTunes I wanted to use for that timer and it was very simple to use. I created 13 separate timers for my classes.
When the new version of the app came out, I updated my iPad with it and it has caused me major problems because for some unknown reason the developer changed the way that audio is used by the app. What this means to me is I have to spend at least 6 hours of my time and going into each timer and changing the way my iTunes playlist is utilized by the app.
I have never written a review about a product but based on my recent experience with this app, I felt it was my duty to let other fitness instructors know about it. I also tried to resolve the issue with the developer via emails before I wrote this review. However, i was not satisfied with what I was told.
The most important app in my life!
I have been using Seconds Pro for over a year and I have to say, it is the single most important app in my life! I am a personal trainer with a mobile personal training business. I can quickly and easily design a workout for myself and my clients, and keep each clients' workouts in their own folder, customize with their favorite music, and share workouts for clients to practice on their own. I don't think I could survive a day without it.
I use this for half marathon training. I am recovering from an injury and am on a run/walk program. This timer lets me set the length of each activity and then I just run. When it beeps, I know it's time to change, no clock watching, or having to think about my intervals. This really helps me enjoy my run. Just if you are putting your phone in a waist or arm carrier be sure to use the lock function or every jostle will reset timer.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Runloop Ltd
- © 2010-2015 Runloop Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$4.99