By SecSign Technologies Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Overall protection with two-factor authentication for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Android
Why use two-factor authentication? Because you are better protected against the theft of your login data by using two factors:
• Factor 1: Something you have (i.e., your own private encrypted 2048-bit key)—login is only possible on your computer where your SecSign ID has been installed.
• Factor 2: Something you know (i.e., your access password, which is never transmitted)— login on your computer is only possible with the knowledge of your personal ID’s secure access protection password.
This means that an attacker cannot hack into your website with only the knowledge of your password or the possession of your computer. An attacker would need both at the same time. Additionally, your password cannot even be stolen during a server intrusion, as the password is never stored on the server!
• Log into websites, applications, and systems without passwords, yet with the total security of out-of-band mobile authentication.
• Identity access management (IAM), provided by 2048-bit encrypted key pairs and public key infrastructure (PKI), protects your website login. Keep working efficiently with no worries, knowing that your information is completely immune to login hacking, phishing, and malware.
• User identity can be verified quickly and easily without ever entering or transmitting a password or other confidential credential through your login mechanism.
• No passwords or other sensitive user information are ever stored on a login server.
• Integrate SecSign ID into your website, applications, or other systems with our free and unlimited cloud service.
• Install SecSign ID as an on-premise security solution to protect your servers and IT infrastructure.
• Use SecSign ID for free access to the SecSign Portal, the truly secure solution for online collaboration with encrypted file sharing, file storage, and messaging.
• Eliminates passwords and password theft risks
• Works across multiple device types: your iPhone, MacBook, iMac, Android phone, etc.
• No hardware or infrastructure required
• Free, unlimited cloud service through our secure Trust Center Servers
• No need to use or remember passwords, retype SMS codes, or scan QR codes
• Experience high security and advanced cryptography on all levels
• Also available as an on-premise installation for enterprise IAM
• 2048-bit asymmetric RSA key pairs
• The public key is stored and used on the remote ID server
• The private key is stored securely on your device
• Brute–force resistant private key storage
• No private key information is stored on the ID server
• Sensitive credentials are never entered through user logins
• Confidential credentials are never transmitted or stored on a server
• High availability through redundant remote failover servers
• Multi-tiered secure server architecture
• On-premise solutions are available for installation on your own servers
How to Create Your SecSign ID
1. Install the app
2. Choose a unique user name
3. Choose a short PIN to secure your SecSign ID on your Mac
How to Start Using SecSign ID on your Mac
• Try the sample login on our website or log in to our free and completely secure portal for encrypted file sharing and messaging, the SecSign Portal, at http://portal.secsign.com
• Developers can download our free plugins and integrate free, unlimited use of SecSign ID for websites and applications.
• Use SecSign ID with SecSign Portal for secure file storage, file sharing, and messaging.
• Set up your own in-house SecSign ID server for enterprise security.
SecSign ID is free for everyone and contains no advertising.
SecSign ID is a product of SecSign Technologies. We have more than 16 years of experience in developing strong cryptography and highly sophisticated security software products for governments, public institutions, and private companies.
What's New in Version 1.1
- SafeKey adjustments
- Support for Windows logins
- More comprehensible error messages
- Forget a saved password in the edit menu
Issues? Comments or suggestions for future updates? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org