Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shakespeare™ is a free app with the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and a searchable concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
Even though it’s free, Shakespeare for the iPad/iPhone/iPod is packed with these impressive features:
• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, and jump around to different scenes.
• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent over two years compiling and editing the best references available.
• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
• THE SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT is your virtual ticket to events and exhibitions all over the world. Just show the passport on your device for great benefits at participating venues. More information at ShakespearePassport.com.
If you’re looking for line numbers, the integrated Shakespeare’s Words glossary, a gallery of Shakespeare portraits, random quote generator, Shakespeare facts, auto-and scrolling, check out Shakespeare Pro for these and other great features. If you’re a student, professor, actor, or just plain love the Bard, this must-have app ensures you have the complete works at your fingertips.
Works contained: All’s Well That Ends Well, Antony and Cleopatra, As You Like It, The Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, Cymbeline, Double Falsehood, Edward III, Hamlet, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2), Henry V, Henry VI (Parts 1-3), Henry VIII, Julius Caesar, King John, King Lear, Love’s Labours Lost, Macbeth, Measure for Measure, Merchant of Venice, Merry Wives of Windsor, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, Pericles, King Richard II, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, Sir Thomas More, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus, Troilus and Cressida, Twelfth Night, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Two Noble Kinsmen, The Winter’s Tale, Sonnets, Venus & Adonis, Rape of Lucrece, A Lover’s Complaint, Passionate Pilgrim, Phoenix & Turtle, To the Queen
The Shakespeare and Shakespeare Pro apps are a cooperative project between Readdle and PlayShakespeare.com.
What's New in Version 3.4
• Search improvements
• Shakespeare Passport updates
• General stability enhancements, bug and compatibility fixes
• Optimizations for iOS7
Shakespeare app is outstanding particularly with vocal sonnets and synopses of characters for plays. I had the privilege of using a test version of this app for a short while and am delighted to see it offered in the App Store. Consider the Pro version for even more ways of enjoying Shakespeare.
Shakespeare app review for Mr. Coker
I enjoyed this app due to it's attention to detail, it's accurate glossary, and it's extensive variety of plays, poems, and other works by Shakespeare. It was also very user friendly and was easily navigable.
Good way to check in with the bard
This app is a good, no-frills way to catch up with your Shakespeare or just review that favorite scene. The upgrade's worth it for the built in dictionary, though the lines can be a little distracting when the in-text vocabulary is enabled. Knocked off a couple stars for the obnoxious reminders to write a review in the App Store.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 02, 2013
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 121 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PlayShakespeare.com
- © 2008-2012 Readdle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Shakespeare Pro$9.99