By Shiny Things
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shape Lab is an open-ended sandbox app allowing students and teachers to explore shape and measurement concepts on the iPad. Using advanced shape recognition technology, Shape Lab allows students to draw, manipulate and investigate shapes directly on the screen.
Use Shape Lab for a range of classroom activities:
- Create pictures using shapes;
- Investigate and compose patterns and tessellations;
- Explore measurement, area, perimeter, fractions, congruence and angles;
- Use photos to discover shapes in the environment;
- And more!
Access lesson plans online and join the Shape Lab community to share your ideas. As we continue work on Shape Lab we want to ensure that it meets the needs of teachers and classrooms, so please get in touch and let us know how we can make this a better app for you!
Make static pencil-and-paper lessons a thing of the past and bring geometry lessons to life with Shape Lab!
- Create shapes and lines by drawing on screen
- Slide and rotate shapes
- Flip shapes horizontally and vertically
- Manipulate line lengths and angles
- Snap shapes together
- Use precise cutting tools to split shapes
- Choose from over ten preinstalled grid backgrounds, including centimetres, inches and isometric.
- Import your own photos and backgrounds
- Shape tray with ready made shapes
- Notes overlay
- Choose from six different shape colours
- Make shapes transparent
- Share documents with other devices
- Measurement tools!
If you have any feedback please don't hesitate to contact us via our website. We love hearing from you!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Fixed a few bugs that were causing the app to unexpectedly explode.
Thanks for all your feedback! If you're enjoying the app, please consider leaving us a positive review. :)
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 18, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shiny Things Software Pty Ltd
- © Shiny Things
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.