The Shiny Bakery is open! Alice the Zebra loves to bake but she needs help mixing, measuring, decorating, then serving the cakes and cookies to customers.
Shiny Bakery is a learning tool for 2 – 5 year olds, which introduces early number sense through counting, measuring, dividing, and sequencing activities. In this latest app from Shiny Things, children will develop understanding of mathematical fundamentals such as number, cause and effect, matching, and division.
- Math: Your child learns to count as they add one… two… three eggs to the mix.
- Following Recipes: Using steps provided by pictures, your child will develop the understanding involved with following a recipe.
- Cause and effect: What happens when you put the wrong ingredients into your cake? Why is a customer sad when the cookies weren’t shared equally?
- Sharing & Dividing: The customers have arrived! How can you divide the cake into equal portions, or share the cookies out to keep everyone happy?
- Reading Emotions: Explore the emotions of customers as they leave satisfied, or perhaps upset, with the distribution. Share proportionally and they are sure to be delighted with the delicious treats made for them.
- Problem solving: Made a mistake? No need to panic! Stop and think about what happened, and try again.
Shiny Bakery also assists in the development of:
- Fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination, as your child grabs, cracks, sifts, mixes and decorates on-screen items.
- Creativity and imagination: With a blank canvas your child is free to decorate using in-game icing, sprinkles, and assorted decorations.
- Open-mindedness: It’s OK to make a mess. While fun, baking isn’t always clean. Messes happen and that’s fine; just make sure you clean it up!
While developed to allow your child to play unassisted, Shiny Kids apps are best discovered with co-play. Play along with your child to talk through the in-game experiences involved with reading emotions, problem solving and sharing.
ABOUT SHINY THINGS:
Shiny Bakery is a digital publication from Shiny Things. It’s the sixth story in the Shiny Kids collection of educational interactive apps and eBooks designed for children 3-6 years.
Privacy is important to us. Outside of the childproof parental section, our apps:
- Do not have in-app purchases or ads.
- Do not collect personal information.
- Do not integrate with social networks.
- Do not use analytics or other data collection tools.
Ratings and Reviews
Bought this for my 2 yr old and was able to maneuver through it in no time. She enjoyed all aspects of this app! I'm sure it'll reinforce all learning aspects in no time while she has FUN.
Shuts off, no chocolate chips...
Every few times the cake or cookie (no cupcakes) disappears after the child has decorated a cake . Frustrating. Also, no common cake/cookie additions like chocolate chips, raisins or candy. You can choose to add hot dogs, underwear, shoes, watermelon, cherries...not things one might normally ad to batter/dough.
Please update to work with iOS 11!
Great app, but needs to be updated to work with latest iPad updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.