Ship's Bell is primarily an acoustic clock that sounds half-hourly or hourly time signals. Without taking the phone out of your pocket you can easily keep track of time.
The principle of this bell was founded in traditional seafaring. Seafarers used the bell to keep track of their four-hourly duty watches. The first half hour is signaled by a single bell strike. Another bell strike is added every half hour, ending with eight bell strikes. To hear the bell strikes better, they are grouped into double chimes. Eight bell strikes signaled a watch change – at midnight, 4 am, 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm and 8 pm. With just eight different signals, being repeated in six cycles during the day, you will know what time it is every half and full hour.
• Ship's bell according to the seafaring tradition
• Two different kinds of chimes: classic bell or a modern synthesized sound
• Option to strike only once each hour
• Two different chimes for hourly signals: a single beep or a triple signal counting down to the full hour
• Displays the current time on a maritime 24-hour clock face
• Shows Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Switch to quickly enable or disable the acoustic signals
If there are any issues with this app, please send an email to our support team. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
Fixed bug when switching between standard time and daylight saving time.
Ratings and Reviews
Not updated do not buy.
Do not buy until they update app. I bought mine years ago and it worked great, but with the latest updates for iOS, the app stopped working/chiming. Hopefully they will update one day. There are other options out there though.
Does not work
Time passes and it does not chime. It displays a cool 24 hour clock but does not chime. Please refund my money
3.99 Dls. for What...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.