ShopWell - Healthy Diet & Grocery Food Scanner
By YottaMark, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ShopWell helps you eat healthier food and achieve your nutrition goals. Use ShopWell to help manage your weight and conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and Celiac disease. ShopWell can also help you maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet. Scan barcodes at home or in the grocery store to find out if they are a good match for your goals. The app will even suggest foods that are a better fit for your health.
Earn rewards for providing feedback and completing “missions.” Missions are a new way for you to provide feedback to companies that want to know what you think about their products. In return you will earn rewards for Tango Cards that can be redeemed for gift cards from top-name brands.
Consistently ranked as one of the top Health & Fitness apps, and featured by Apple, NBC, CNN, the Today Show, and more, ShopWell was created by Registered Dietitians, and is a community partner of the USDA.
SHOPWELL HELPS YOU
- Learn which foods match your dietary needs
- Achieve your health goals such as weight management or lower cholesterol
- Avoid ingredients you don’t want such as added sugar & trans fat
- Read food nutrition facts panels, calorie count, and ingredients
- Avoid allergens like gluten & lactose
- Scan foods in the supermarket or at home
- It is like having the knowledge of a personal nutrition expert in your pocket.
ShopWell can help you eat better if you have these goals:
- General Health
- Weight Management
- Heart Healthy
- Gluten Intolerance
- Digestive Health
- Athletic Training
- Lactose Intolerance
- Anemia (Iron Deficient)
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
ShopWell can help you avoid these food allergies:
- Animal By-products
- Tree Nuts
ACTUAL USER REVIEWS
“I am over weight and was looking for something to help with my food choices. Thanks to this app I can do this now. I have lost 10lbs so far. I highly recommend.”
“Before getting it, I honestly thought I was eating very healthily when in reality had no idea what was being put in my body. Now I scan everything I buy and feel so much better about what I ingest!
“For the gluten intolerant, this app is essential. This app just became a lifeline for me.”
“Great app! Shows lots of options that match what I'm looking for, so I don't get boxed in to the most expensive brands.”
“It’s hard for the average person to decipher a nutrition label or an ingredient list. This app makes it easy to do so.”
HOW SHOPWELL WORKS
ShopWell takes the guesswork out of deciphering food nutrition labels while you shop at the supermarket by providing you with personalized food scores. ShopWell’s scoring system and scanner assesses foods based on your age, gender, health goals, diet needs, and your ingredient and nutrition preferences.
Food scores range from 0-100 and are bucketed into three categories: Green scores are a strong match for your diet, so are typically okay to eat in normal portions. Yellow scores are a medium match for your health, so you should read the labels carefully. Red scores are a weak match for your diet, or contain a potential allergen so these foods should be avoided or only be eaten occasionally in small portions.
ShopWell draws on trusted resources and guidelines set by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Institute of Medicine (IOM), and the latest peer reviewed research.
ShopWell works with United States based grocery foods only.
What's New in Version 4.8.2
1. Family profile:
- We don't shop for food just for ourselves. We shop for our families. The family profile makes it a breeze to shop for the entire family using this new version.
- Now you can add your family members with different health goals, wants, don't wants and allergies.
- The app can now rate the same product for different family members when you switch to their profile by tapping on the top right (profile icon).
- If you have any family member with an allergy, the app will warn you that the product is allergic to a specific family member.
2. More redemption options for missions
- We have added the Walmart gift card as a redemption option for missions.
- The gift card will be tied to a mission and you can continue to accrue $$ against both Tango and Walmart cards.
3. We have squashed some bugs.
Wow! It's like having your own personal nutritionist!
Just scan the barcode, the App rates the food product based on nutritional value and suggests healthier choices, if there are any. Also, it explains WHY your choice and the suggested alternatives are healthy or unhealthy. It even lets you create a shopping list of items for your next trip to the grocery store and which grocery stores nearby have these items!
It will save you a lot of time researching best foods to eat since it can compare items you have already purchased (just scan the barcodes of the items you already have at home - or while you are shopping - and you will either get a green, yellow, or red rating along with healthier choices.
The database is surprisingly well populated with items.
If this app linked to other apps, like UP, Fitbit, Argus, Digifit. Etc. as part of a food log, it might be even better, but don't let that prevent you from using it!
Good but a pain!
If you didn't have to repeatedly sign in it would be perfect. I've got kids and when I'm in the grocery store I'm usually in a hurry and having to sign in almost every time I want to scan or search something is a pain!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 16, 2015
- Version: 4.8.2
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: YottaMark, Inc.
- © 2014 YottaMark, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.