ShortBook is an electronic book reader using unique capabilities of your iPhone. It has everything that is necessary for comfortable reading of books in fb2 format: contents, figures, footnotes and unique text makeup. Handy interface allows finding books quickly and reading them with comfort. Night reading mode will reduce discomfort for those who suffer from sleeplessness and Quick Bookmark function will ensure free browsing through a book. Book downloading is available via Wi-Fi being handily implemented through the web browser. For your further comfort there are options of choosing font, its size and other settings.
The program supports dictionaries in XDXF format. Detaining a finger on a word and activating the button of searching through dictionaries, you'll virtually in a matter of seconds learn the meaning of the tricky word.
Reading can be quickly restarted after a break with one touch of the screen.
Don’t seek for compromises, use ShortBook. With ShortBook even a big book will become short.
• Adaptation of the application to the requirements of iOS 10.
• Added the ability to share a book.
• New sci-fi visual style.
• Some interface improvements, including the mode of the page stabilization.
• Optimized application's power consumption.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing reader broken on iPhone X
This is my most used app on my phone, for the last 8 years. Now, on the iPhone X the app is broken - there is missing text from page to the next. Until the dev fixes the bug it will have 1 star.
Update: I found a workaround - I needed to reload the book so it gets formatted and then there is no text missing.
Still, bad use of iPhone X screen estate, thus 2 stars off.
The developer doesn’t respond. One star.
Amazing FB2 reader!
I've spent thousands of hours with this app during the last couple of years. Literally, this app is what my iPhone runs the most.
The interface is extremely useful once you understand the concept behind it. Most of the features are intuitive, but do read the user manual before you start using the app to find even more abilities and find how you can customize the app to suit you the best.
The UI is well thought, responsive, and contains many tricks which greatly ease usage and common tasks.
It supports dictionaries in open formats so you can attach one and start reading your books in a foreign language you study, knowing you can always translate an unknown word with a couple of taps.
And, of course, amazing FB2 support: TOC, inline images, text styles is what I like the best.
Must have reader for anyone having an FB2 collection!
Thank you guys for your hard work and continuous support of the application all these years!
Very usefull, recommended
I'm using this software every day and recommend to anyone who reads books from iPad.
1. After unlocking device brightness level is not restored automatically
2. Enable adjusting brightness as it implemented in Stanza. Just touch-slide up or down on screen
3. Provide mechanism to invoke settings from reading mode. Too complicated to customize settings and then check how it works.
4. Closing reading can be provided by standard two fingers swiping zoom in (cosmetic)
5. Closing reader mode is too slow (60 books installed)
6. Provide adjusting font size in reading mode. On the fly. Currently it's a pain.
7. It will be good if books will be synchronized via iCloud. Currently program shows that iCloud is not available. Not implemented?
Btw, thanks for Shortbook. It really worth 5 buks.
Greetings from Ukraine
- Iouri Korotkikh
- 15.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2008 — 2017 Jury Shortki
- In-App Purchases
- "Sub rosa dictum" style $0.99
- "Para bellum" $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.