*** The original and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
In addition to the still photo count, the built-in Live View Pack lets you see counters that also cover videos for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The included Plus Pack provides shutter count graphing & forecasting, history log duplicate removal, camera date/time synchronization (Canon only) and outdated firmware version warning (Canon only).
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon EOS-1D IV, 1D C, 1D X, 1D X II, 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D II, 7D, 7D II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 100D, 200D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D, 1500D, 2000D, 8000D, 9000D, M50, R; Kiss F, M, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6i, X7, X7i, X8i, X9, X9i, X50, X70, X80; Rebel SL1, SL2, T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, XS, XSi.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6, WFT-E7, WFT-E8 transmitters on:
• Canon 1D C, 1D X, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D II, 7D II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 200D, 800D, 9000D, M50, R; Kiss X9, X9i; Rebel SL1, T7i.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled. Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Kuuvik Capture, EOS Utility, Capture One, Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.
Certified cameras (using image files):
• Nikon D2H, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3S, D3X, D4, D4S, D5, D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D200, D300, D300S, D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D850, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, Df, Z6, Z7; 1 AW1, J1, J3, J4, J5, V1, V2, V3; Coolpix A.
• Pentax *ist DL, *ist DL2, 645D, 645Z, K-1, K-1 II, K-3, K-3 II, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7, K-30, K-50, K-70, K-500, K-m, K-r, K-S1, K-S2, K-x, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K200D, K2000, KP.
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using image files, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D II, 1D II N, 1D III, 1Ds II, 1Ds III.
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.