With the Industry Online Support App you have access to more than 300,000 documents about Siemens Industry products - any time and anywhere.
The app supports you, for example, in the following fields:
• Problem solving during the implementation of a project
• Troubleshooting of failures
• Expanding or restructuring your system
It also provides you with access to the Technical Forum and to further entries created for you by our experts:
• Application examples
• Product notes, and many others
The main functions at a glance:
• Scan your product codes / EAN codes for a direct display of all technical and graphic data (e.g. CAx data) about your Siemens Industry product.‑
• Send your product information or entries per e-mail in order to process the information directly at the workstation.
• Send your requests to Technical Support at your convenience. Detail information can easily be added using the scan or photo function.
• Use the offline cache function to save your favorites to your device. In this way you can call these entries, products and conferences even without network coverage.
• Transfer PDF documents to an external library.
• The contents and surfaces are available in six languages (German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Chinese) – including a temporary switching to English.
More information about how to use the app can be found in the menu item “Help / Tutorial” or in this video:
• The language can be changed in the app. With the 4.4 update, the desired language can be selected.
• The SINAMICS Assistant App was integrated into the Online Support App.
• Scan function - Optimizations and expansions. Possibility to scan IOP codes. You even can scan barcodes without being connected to the internet. Later you can see them under My Scans
• Possibility to create a field service request. (Restricted availability)
Ratings and Reviews
I do phone support for Siemens automation products and so far like what I see. The search results are relevant, more so than the website. Scanning QR codes worked great for the products I tried around the office. It does not scan bar codes so with older products you need to search the part number. It runs fine in my iPhone, still on IOS5. I don't want to give up my google maps. Unlike other Siemens products the install went smoothly and did not require that I uninstall anything or reboot 16 times. Definitely recommended for people in the field.
Version 3.5 Degraded Performance
App can't download information on products that were previously available before update. Previous version mostly worked, this one is awful. Spinner stalls forever and app is locked up in that state or times out and says it can't display product information. I previously rated it two stars. It's now a one-star application.
Handy app to look up product info quickly when there is no laptop or wifi around
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.