Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sight Control is a simple and user-friendly OS X application that will give you total control of your Mac’s built-in webcam.
◼ We like Sight Control because it’s not applying filters after you’ve taken pictures or video; moving the sliders back and forth results in real-time, immediate changes. - iLounge + Mac
◼ Powerful and easy to use built-in webcam controller - Softpedia
Sight Control will allow you to easily adjust the image quality in real time while using webcam apps such as Skype or FaceTime.
Sight Control will automatically identify Mac's built-in webcams, including Built-in iSight, Display iSight, FaceTime Camera (Built-in), FaceTime Camera (Display), FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) and FaceTime HD Camera (Display).
Sight Control communicates with Mac’s built-in webcams and learns what settings they can support.
You can adjust all these settings
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
True hardware level control
• Instead of post processing already captured images from your webcam and apply filter to those images to create similar effects. Sight Control directly communicates with your webcam and adjusts hardware control values.
Works with almost every webcam app
• iChat, Messages
• Photo Booth
• QuickTime Player/QuickTime Player 7
• iStopMotion, BoinxTV
• WebEx, Jabber
• Adobe Connect
• Flash based webcam app and many other 3rd party apps
* Sight Control works with Mac’s built-in webcam only, does not work with iSight connected via FireWire.
* If you are using external UVC camera or plan to use one, please choose my other app - Webcam Settings.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Brand new app icon and menubar icon.
• Add support for the FaceTime HD Camera on MacBook Air 2013, a new generation of Apple's built-in webcam totally different then any previous model. It supports Exposure Time, Brightness, Contract, Hue, Saturation and Sharpness controls and one new Noise Reduction control.
Fixed problem; Access to basic controls that should be built in.
I bought this because my iSight camera seemed to be stuck with a black picture; obviously something wrong with the auto exposure setting. So I took a chance and bought this app thinking it might help - it was $5, and I wanted the options it offered anyway.
Opening Sight Control and lo & behold, my exposure is set to manual and cranked all the way to darkness. I set it to auto, closed Sight Control, and everything using the camera showed a perfect picture - well, a sort of perfect picture. So I went back into Sight Control and tuned the settings just right for my setup, including turning off backlight adjustment, and I ended up with a much better picture for conferencing. The details and contrast is much better. Obviously, if I move the laptop I need to re-tune it, but by default it runs as a menubar item so it’s easy to get to.
The bad side of this app is the options that aren’t available; Some settings don’t work, which I imagine depends on the camera model you have in your Mac, but it’s frustrating to see the options in the screenshot and not being able to use them once you get the app. It’s also a bit clumsy - But it’s the functionality that counts.
Basically, if you want some control over iSight contrast, brightness, and other settings, this is a easy way to improve your outgoing iSight video.
Awesome! Fixed my iMac 5K camera problems
Due to light configuration in my room it was practicall impossible to use Skype on my new iMac 5K. All people could see is a big white area instead of my face and a perfectly balanced picture of a back wall on my room. It drove me mad that Apple doesn’t allow users to control camera settings. This app however for just $5 allowed me to adjust brightness and contrast (and bunch of other settings) and I was able to fix all the light issues I had. I also played with saturation and hue to achieve more natural colors. Great app!
Fixed my blue tint
My new 5K iMac had an extremely disturbing blue tint with its built-in iSight camera. It's disappointing for such an expensive machine. However, this program solved the problem. I unchecked the auto white balance temperature, and moved the slider until the color cast disappeared. I didn't even have to end the FaceTime conversation. All setting adjustments are immediate. This app really works, and even after quitting it, the settings stay.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Aug 07, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Liang-Hsin Chen
- © 2013 Mactaris
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later