Simplify for Spotify, Rdio, iTunes, Vox music players
By Maxim Melnikov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Simplify is the simplest way to control your music.
Do you always listen to the music through Spotify, iTunes, Vox or Rdio? Or do you use Pandora, Deezer or even Vkontakte to listen to your music? Tired of switching to the player? Install Simplify and know what's playing, switch and seek tracks, control sound volume with our easy to use application. Simplify is the best music controller, and it allows you to concentrate on your work, internet browsing, documents editing without interruptions.
Stop yourself from constantly switching to player window or Safari/Chrome tab to find out the current track album art, it will always be on your desktop.
Your desktop is always filled with windows and documents? Don't worry, you can assign keyboard shortcuts for almost every action: playback toggle, track changes, sound volume levels.
• Be careful:
Simplify is a music controller. You need to open your favourite player and start playing music in order to use Simplify. Simplify doesn't play music, Simplify controls it.
• Key features of the application:
- Album cover and track title always on your desktop;
- Use our Player Switcher to easily switch between multiple players, pause them and resume instanty, control their volume with a single shortcut;
- Powerful downloadable Preference Pane lets you use media keys to control your players (even web-players) using Simplify, launch Simplify with players of your choose and close Simplify when no players are launched;
- Download our free browser extension for Safari/Chrome to control web players like SoundCloud, Pandora, Deezer and Vkontakte. Create support for your own web players and we will include it into our browser extensions;
- Cute mini-player attached to menu bar or detached to be wherever you want it to be on your desktop (can be shown with a customizable keyboard shortcut) to control sound volume, switch tracks, seek tracks, shuffle tracks, toggle playback;
- Customizable global shortcuts to control sound volume, switch tracks, rewind tracks, toggle playback, and toggle mini-player;
- Control Spotify, Rdio, Vox and iTunes and even web-based players on any Mac in your local network: switch&seek tracks, control volume and see what's playing on your Mac remotely:
- Simplify may be automatically launched when Spotify, iTunes or Rdio starts;
- Current song title in menu bar;
- Easily share tracks to Facebook and Twitter right from Simplify;
- Scrobble to Last.fm from iTunes, Rdio or Spotify or any web player that doesn't support scrobbling.
• What Others Have Said:
"Simplify is a really nice way to keep an eye on and get control over all your media players at once." — Lifehacker.com
"Simplify is a very, well, simple way to control Spotify without looking at its main window, while getting a beautiful artwork widget on your desktop at the same time." — MacStories.net
What's New in Version 3.2.3
- Growl support;
- Fixed most cases of invalid time being displayed for Spotify;
- Added easy feedback button so send error reports and feedback directly to us via the app itself.
I decided to try this out because I liked the idea behind it and because it looks to fill a requirement I have. I have to say that it doesn’t do a bad job, there’s a lot of customazation available so you can make sure it suits your needs and it’s ubobtrusive while letting you manage your music quickly. There is room for improvement if the design department and I’ll update my review if I encounter any bugs.
I have to say that it do a job good, there’s a lot of customazation available so you can make sure it suits your needs and it’s ubobtrusive while letting you manage your music quickly
There’s a lot of customazation available so you can make sure it suits your needs and it’s ubobtrusive while letting you manage your music quickly. I like it.