Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.30
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
· Spread a little extra holiday cheer! Share a personalized holiday video message with your loved ones. Tap on the snowflake button next to the Skype logo to get started.
· Notifications are now removed from the Notification Center when the Skype app is launched – decluttering is a good thing.
· Have you ever accidentally closed the app during a group call and were unable to join? Now you can easily rejoin group calls.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
good, but issues need to be fixed
overall serves its purpose for many years for me at least, but there are some issues that need to be addressed as there are also many other competitive services/apps in the market nowadays.
- call and message notifications. sometimes I hold the device in my hands, but don't see neither the call, nor the message notification until I open the chat window. also, messages often are delivered either late or not delivered at all.
- battery usage. it does use a lot of battery especially when you make a video call. don't know if that changed as easily, but it is something that may need serious improvement.
so, good job that needs to keep it up though, fix issues on the way and catch up with its competitors.
Good, but some improvement might be needed.
So overall this application is pretty solid. However, sometimes Skype starts freaking out and messes up the audio from the other end. When I was using this on my pc, I encountered the same issue. Also on my pc, the application would say that it was unable to access my sound card, but other applications can access it just fine. Another problem is it not connecting to the Internet when I clearly have solid connection. I seriously hope that these issues are fixed since they really affect the app's quality. Why should I use Skype to talk to friends if I can just use voice chat on steam which actually runs much smoother😕? Please fix these issues soon.
Lots of problems 🤦🏼♀️
Well, skype is a good way to text, but the calls can be really sketchy sometimes. Even the texting has some issues. When you text, a lot of times after the update (A few weeks after an update, maybe a few months) notifications don't work even if they're on🤔. And the messaging can be slow, so messages come late and it gets suuuuuper confusing ☹️. Now, calls really need some work. The graphics get pixelated, and the sound gets spotty a lot. And, when you're in another app and you receive a call, you should be able to decline without telling the other person that you declined just in case you don't want to speak to that person. So much needs to be improved, but it has super great potential.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 6.30
- Size: 128 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99