By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Skype WiFi you can get online at over 2 million public WiFi hotspots worldwide at the touch of a button.
1. Simply connect to any supported public WiFi hotspot.
2. Open the Skype WiFi app and tap the Connect button…
3. Ta-da! You’re now connected to the internet (wasn’t that easy?).
You’re now free to browse the web, check your email or enjoy free calls and messages to all your friends and family with the Skype app – remember, it’s a different app to the Skype WiFi one. ;)
• Pay only for the minutes you use and avoid those expensive all-day internet passes.
• No matter what hotspot you’re connected to, pay using your Skype Credit so you never have to fill out another complicated sign up form.
• And so there’s no unexpected surprises, Skype WiFi will automatically disconnect after 30 minutes in case you forget to disconnect.
• iOS 8 or higher
• WiFi connection to compatible network
• Skype Account or Microsoft account
• Skype Credit in your account
Skype WiFi is provided by 3rd party WiFi operators around the world.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Apple should remove this for the App Store.
The idiots running this can't even write a coherent description. The description is circular: get on the internet so you can get on the internet.
This is a payment method for when you have to pay for a particular hotspot. Skype is notorious for taking your payment, never giving you credit, then providing only email-support to try to rectify the situation. The email support consists of idiots sending cut and paste responses that are not responsive. You'll be forced to have your bank or credit card refund you, because Skype won't. To make it worse, Skype will start charging you automatically every month. This is a class action / multiple attorneys general suing Microsoft waiting to happen, like when AOL refused to cancel people's subscriptions.
I use to like this app when traveling overseas and using it at airports but now you can not disconnect from the wifi once you connect and it keeps charging you money, I have google how to disconnect but there's no way to do that,and there are so many people complaining going through the same experience! What a disappointment!!! I will ask for my money back!! They charge me without my consent
Do not buy, this will just take up storage and charge you. It does not "create a wifi hotspot". You have to connect to the wifi of the area you are in, then continue to open the app that claims to "give you wifi" even though you have to connect to wifi in order to even use the app!!! This frustrates me and should be removed off of the app store.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 15, 2016
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.