Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.22
Welcome to Skype for iPhone. Here’s what’s new in this update:
· We’ve made Skype Credit balance notifications faster and more reliable.
· You are now able to purchase Skype Credit in more currencies.
· New connectivity status bar shows when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
· Notifications include much more content now.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Does not work properly for me
For some reason, my Apple Watch app for Skype has never properly synchronized with my iPhone's Skype app. I receive messages, but my Favorites never appear; the Apple Watch app acts as if I never added any favorites. I consider this to be a problem, among other missing features important to Skype in general, like calling or answering calls... on the Watch instead of just going straight to Handoff. I understand not doing video calls, because no camera, but even FaceTime was able to go to Apple Watch without incident. To be fair, FaceTime is one of Apple's own services, and it only works between Apple Devices as far as I am aware, but if Apple can get FaceTime and iMessage to work properly on an Apple Watch, Skype shouldn't be that much of an issue.
The iPhone app itself works fine. As the main event, it should. I'm more concerned with the functionality of my Apple Watch app at this point, which is strongly lacking, as explained above.
Great Idea on Paper, Horrible in Execution.
Skype has many useful, and needed features. Features that usually use, effortlessly. Like calling, texting, and bells in whistles like having contacts, having a profile picture, and whatever else. That would all sound good on paper. But when it comes to the speed, and fluidity of the app, it is very underwhelming. I shouldn't have an issue calling or hosting a call. And for what? Why is Skype seem to be the one who gets away with these things? There is no justification for having my phone lag because of me being invited into a chat, and my phone shouldn't crash so I would need to do a hard reset. It's not something I could've imagined being so hard to make right, but it is. Call, text. That's all it is. And Skype, only makes it harder.
Legendary & Consistent
Great solution I have been using for almost a decade now, and to me legendary in the sense as it started the popular online people to people connect services revolution in real sense
With Team and 1-1 video calling, Great sound and image quality it remains the key connectivity with friends and family for people like me.
Real-time translation. Inbound phone numbers. calls to mobile phones and landlines. Screen sharing. Messaging with photo and video sharing with quality and stability makes my loyalty worth.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 22, 2016
- Version: 6.22
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99