Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.0
· Beautiful redesign - built for iPhone.
· New simple navigation, making it easier to use the Skype features you love.
· More powerful search, so you can quickly find conversation content, groups and contacts.
· Better multi-tasking - easily switch between your call and chat screens to share photos, web links, your location and more while you talk.
Doesn't sync between apps
Just updated to 7.0 and it still isn’t working right. I have skype on my iPad 3, iPhone 5s, and MacBook Pro. If I log into the app on each device, I get 3 completely different list of who's online. I’m currently logged in to Skype on all devices. The Skype app on my computer shows that I have 30 friends online, the Skype app on my iPhone only shows 4 of those friends, and the iPad only shows 3... Also, if I send a message to someone, the message will display on that one device and not the others for a while. Hope this gets fixed. I've always liked Skype and have always used it to stay in touch with my friends abroad. Because of these bugs, it's become difficult lately.
It looks amazing!
Wow, the other design was quite frustrating and felt so cluttered, but it was really cool opening the app and just feeling like it was all so clean and easy to follow. (I love the little addition of varied profile picture colors between contacts which haven't set their picture to anything.)
Idea: Could there be an added option to change the color of the names of specific contacts? (For in app and notifications?)
I like it but needs
I have a computer but don't get to use it all the time, and lots of my friends use there computers and laptops and when we group call they can only see me when I'm on the computer, so I know you just upgraded but please in the next upgrade work on cellular and tablet ( I pads, iphones, other tablets and screen phones) items can share there face with there friends in multiple person calls
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 03, 2015
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 82.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99