Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.9.1
Glitches before, better now?
The version previous to this update was at times having random glitches such as displaying everyone as offline, displaying people as offline after showing that they were online for a few seconds, and not notifying me of messages.
The other reviews made me a little apprehensive to download the new update, but I figured nothing can be worse than the app barely being usable, so I took a chance.
Right away I noticed the 'offline' issue was solved, however, I haven't been able to check if receiving messages was too.
I constantly use this app as Skype is my main source of communication and I'm not always on my computer to use it. When working properly, I'd totally give this 5 stars for all the times I've used it, but due to recent bugs, I lowered it. At the same time, I didn't lower it by much as one of the issues was fixed. I hope that the glitches won't return in the future.
Great for International Calls
Since the dawn of Facetime I haven't used Skype as much as I used to, and well, I've never used the chat function either. However, buying Skype credit is my go-to when it comes to calling my folks back home. $5 of Skype credit goes a long way, giving you the freedom to call landlines and actual mobile numbers all over the world instead of having to rely on pricey call rates. It feels like any other phone call! As long as you have a good connection or signal, you're all set.
I do have to admit that it would be more convenient if you could access all of your phone's contacts from the app for calling purposes--not just the ones that have a Skype account.
Still, Skype is a total essential.
Great app, but things need to be added
I used Skype on my Mac for a long time, met lots of people, and then I eventually started using it to talk to my girlfriend. Because I didn't have a phone at the time. But now that I do I want to be able to retrieve all those memorable pictures that she sent, and then I could have them on my phone. It would take so long to find all the photos on my phone. I tried using the computer but the pictures come in as links and those links stopped working a while ago, for me. I just think there should be a way I could get the photos. Or there could be a faster way to go back in the messages
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 26, 2016
- Version: 6.9.1
- Size: 98.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99