Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.6
Phone number, date and address detection in your conversations:
- Call a phone number (using Skype Credit) direct from highlighted numbers.
- Set up calendar events by tapping highlighted dates, days and times.
- Check locations in Maps directly from highlighted addresses.
Making it easier to multi-task in Skype:
- Quickly return to a call by pressing the Active Call banner in Skype.
- Use the unread counter to easily see how many unread conversations you have when in a conversation .
Notifications and function
Notifications are delayed up to hours late when friends send me messages. Sometimes I feel as if I don't receive notifications at all. This is an annoying issue, as I don't like to continually check the Skype app when I'm in conversation(s) with someone. Also, sometimes my friends send me long texts. Because the font is so big on Skype, I can't see all the text, so I scroll up to have it in my screen while I respond but for some reason, unlike any other messaging app I've had, Skype "privileges" you and scrolls all the way back down to the last message sent when you tap the respond box. I don't understand why it has to do this for me, sometimes manual is a good thing. Lastly, despite having good connections, I'm sure you're all familiar with Skype's infamous dropped calls / constant freezing. It hasn't changed. We've stuck to FaceTime in the end. If only all my friends weren't on Skype, I would have made the switch to ooVoo long ago.
For past 6 months i am using skype on daily bases. And i have very bad experience. In example... I take my phone off the charger (battery 100%) and start video call over skype. In just a few minutes,my battery is on 20%. Than it goes down a little slower... But to much. Conclusion is that 100% battery provides 10-15min of video call. My battery is good,because on days when i do not use skype for video calls, from 8am until 11pm, i use around 80% of my battery,and that includes a lot of internet. When i use other programs for video chat... I don't have that bad experience and battery works normal,like every other day. Maybe slight higher consumption. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
Lately I've been having problems shortly after the most recent updates. I use Skype on my iPod 5th gen, so it might just be a problem with the iPod itself. But every other day or so, skype tends to just crash whenever I press a button or so, and even after I try restarting the app, or my iPod itself even, it doesn't fix. It just opens back up and crashes if I tap on something.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 6.6
- Size: 98.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99