Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.10
· Improved chat notification reliability - we are continuing to work on improving reliability but if you encounter issues please let us know by tapping your profile picture, tapping the more button and selecting send feedback
· Now save phone numbers entered into the dial pad and numbers in the recent calls list
· General Improvements
This app is extremely frustrating!
What is up with this?! Skype doesn't seem to really care for updating. It seems that ALL of my friends are offline at once and this is unusual and goes on for weeks at a time. I'm using an iPhone and my software is completely updated. Skype does not notify me when I have a message, either. The only time I know when someone has messaged or called me is when I unlock my phone and see the number of messages at the corner of the app icon. Skype does not make any kind of noise to notify me or show up on my front screen when my phone is locked. Often, I end up missing people. Skype just has horrible quality right now. It used to be so much better than this. The people in my contacts' photos are not showing up, either. It'll take days to load up, even if they're offline. Something seriously needs to be fixed, and soon! 👎
Learn how to do your freaking job
I don't know what in god's name you people have done but since you last updated skype it's useless it crashes all the freaking time it's slow I can't send pics or video anymore is slower then ever sometimes when I try to send a message my keyboard doesn't show up or the call icons. Plus this is a new thing that is really making me mad almost every single time I use the app it says unable to sign in then it asks me to restart my phone I have restarted it 7 freaking time in a row. When I close the app and open it again with out restarting my phone it lets me use it fix this issue and the notifications right now this app isn't worth a quarter of one cent. Whoever is responsible for this mess better step up there game and fix everything. And if not fire the person responsible for this and get someone who will do there job correctly.
This app is awful.
Okay, I'm not too sure if anyone is going to actually read this or not but I am making a serious complaint about how awful this app works for me. I have the new updated version downloaded onto my iPhone 5 and this app still doesn't work. The problem is that there will be very awful static noise which I'm aware is caused by bad connection but there is also something else that happens. What happens is at first the person I am trying to contact can hear my voice clearly, but will then later on fade after 5 minutes or so. No matter how many times I delete and re download the app it never works. It is stating to become a serious and frustrating problem and you and your Skype team need to fix this problem because I know it isn't just my account that isn't working. So please get your lazy butts up and fix this app and it's problems.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 09, 2015
- Version: 5.10
- Size: 67.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99