Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.12.2
Now with support for your Apple Watch:
· Reply to messages on your Apple Watch using voice to text, emoticons or quick prepared responses.
· Start chats with your favourite contacts on your Apple Watch so you can do more on the go
· General Improvements
Video don't work!
I've had Skype for maybe a year or two maybe even three and I have a lot of my friends on here (iPod gen 5) and recently one of my friends got skype on her computer and it bugs us that we can't see each other we can still talk and stuff but the video just don't work and so we switch to her phone and it still don't work so I believe it's something to do with my skype cause in the past it's worked awesome but now it's kinda just going do in the dumps and one more thing that bugs both of us it that I can send photos to my friends and they can see it but when they send me something I can't see it and then that thing pops up about not supporting it I hope you get the time to fix these cause these bugs just drive me nuts thanks
Since the latest update on iPhones you now can't view photos in the app. It comes up with a stupid "not supported yet" message. If you're going to update an app why mess with features that worked just fine and now make it useless? It's beyond annoying and seems like a simple fix, why it's taking so long to do I have no idea. Being in a long distance relationship where one person sometimes is out of the country and cell service is unavailable Skype became necessary. Unfortunately for Skype they're not the only ones offering the same service anymore and it's poor quality now. Google Hangouts is turning into a much better alternative. You can message, send pictures, voice call, video chat, etc. And there aren't half the issues Skype has.
Has a few problems...
I love Skype, it's a great way to talk to my friends, but it seems to be getting worse... I've had to reinstall it on my iPod multiple times and every time there has still been problems, mainly there are a few chats that aren't loading at all, even though I've never erased them, and now I can't look back for more than a month in a lot of my chats, which is an inconvenience. And the call quality is declining, it works sometimes, but only when the other person in the call is completely still, and even then it's not very clear, the audio can get rather choppy or difficult to hear, even with maximum volume. I'd appreciate if these could be fixed in the next update.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 5.12.2
- Size: 81.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99