Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.26
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. With this new update you can now:
· Make every call a Skype call: Toggle iOS 10 Integrated Calling (CallKit) on / off in Skype’s app settings.
· Never miss a new contact: Make sure you’ve set Skype notifications ‘on’ to receive any new contact requests as a notification.
· Fixes and improvements: Enjoy the various improvements we’ve made to how Skype works on iOS 10.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Why ruin such a useful app?
I have used Skype for years now, and when I got an iPhone and found you could make Skype calls on it I was THRILLED! However, this most recent update has made the app almost COMPLETELY ruined now. I used to be able to use Skype with my buddies and play wow, and if I got a phone call, I could answer without worrying about anything but the call dropping while I was on the phone...now I need to be conscientious of how long I am on Skype since now that it APPARENTLY uses the phone as well as the app now to make a Skype call when before all it needed was the app itself to make a Skype call!? I do NOT understand the LOGIC behind this last update except to show that you can use the iPhones Siri to place a Skype call!! NOT worth blocking the regular phone if your using a Skype call! I will still use the app but I am more inclined to use the desktop version instead until this issue is addressed, also I would suggest making the energy consumption WAY more manageable!!!
I don't even have the app, was about to download it but saw the terrible reviews so nevermind. Anyway- when your in the App Store and click on skype- they have a video up to watch to see what the app is about (you know what I'm talking about a lot of apps have them) well I don't know who's in charge of that but at the end during the 3-way chat that they have; they're entirely speaking gibberish. It's hard to explain unless you watch but if you read their lips I mean they aren't even saying real words, just moving there lips. Especially the man in the video lol. How hard would it be for you guys to just make up a 6 second conversation? I mean the last 3 seconds of it ALL 3 OF THEM ARE TALKING AT THE SAME TIME JUST MUMBLING FAKE WORDS. I've seen indie game apps with more commitment than you guys. I don't have the app but from the reviews- obviously you need better customer service and product demonstration.
DO NOT UPDATE! Kills battery, disables phone features
I've never been more disappointed in any app's update than I am with Skype's latest. If the app is running, even in the background, if you turn your screen off with the power button, IT WILL END THE CALL. It never used to end the call that way even when Skype was open as the active app. I've hung up on my friends so many times it's awful. This then forces you to keep your screen on at all times during the call which DRAINS BATTERY FAST - bring a charger! Last night my friend and I both fell asleep on each other on Skype and since the phone had to be on (I plugged it in), when the call dropped around 3am, it apparently DISABLED MY ALARM CLOCK for this morning and I was an hour late to work. PLEASE FIX!!! I do not like the new phone integration with Skype - liked it better as a stand-alone app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 10, 2016
- Version: 6.26
- Size: 130 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99