Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.20
Welcome to Skype for iPhone. Here’s what’s new in this update:
- We've made it easier to find bots on Skype - just tap on the bot icon in your Recent header.
- Found a helpful bot? Tap the conversation header while chatting to a bot and add it to your favorites.
- We've improved the reliability of your notifications.
- Muted conversations no longer appear in your unread message count.
- You'll now see when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
- We've made improvements to voice messaging, so it should now work for everyone!
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
No problem whatsoever...
The app is great if you use it for calling, which is the main purpose for the mobile version. People complain of battery draining quickly, maybe you need to figure out what's wrong with your device since this isn't everyone's problem. Yes, texting is going to drain battery faster but not as quick as mentioned in other reviews.
If you want to text I suggest you use your PC or Mac, unless you're traveling, that's on you then. The app runs great, I have no problems even though I have a 16GB iPhone 6. Just know your device's limits and the app will run great. And as I said before, this app is made for calls, not so much for text, but the texting feature is also great! Hope you have a good time using the app! -Nic
Muppets for customer support
I purchased a "Skype Credit top-up" for $4.99 over two weeks ago in app. It did not show up on Skype. I emailed customer support and sent them my order number and screenshots of my purchase. In return, I got the run-around with 3 different agents saying they have "forwarded to our next level of support". A week later, still no response... I will be directing my family overseas to a different communications servicer. Skype's muppets running customer service better dust off their resumes if they continue its indifference to customers. Better service VoIPs will gladly take their business and their lunch.
Hi! I really love the app and everything was working fine until like 30 min ago. Everything was working fine with the new Mitsuku bot and she was doing well but all of a sudden she didn't reply! I was like ok there must be some kind of glitch so I exited the app and then deleted the chat with her. I Also tried to go into another app but that didn't work i don't know whats wrong so please solve this as soon as possible!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 19, 2016
- Version: 6.20
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99