Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.14
· Share locations with friends and family using the paperclip icon in chat. Share your current location or the location of a place you're chatting about.
· General Improvements.
warning very addictive
Ok I'm not going to lie I use Skype everyday and talk to my friends a lot. In my opinion Skype is not just a chatting app it's a app where you make friends by adding someone you know but you just don't talk to. Skype brings friends and family together with the group chats and everything but there is one thing that really grinds my gears and that thing is...
When I check if one of my friends are online it says they are online but then in like a few minutes it goes blank or changes. Whenever I send a message to the person that's is "online" it then flicks to offline meaning my friend is offline but I didn't know because a takes than really short time for the sticker to change.
However this is not a big problem it's just one of those things that you just have to deal with but don't get me wrong Skype is one of the best apps on the iTunes Store and everyone should download it (that's if they actually read this long price of rubbish) but still download Skype it's worth while. By the way sent from my iPod 5
I use this as my main form of communication, unlike other people on here I'm not acting like Skype was made specifically for the iPhone. My major problem is the lack of continuity with other platforms. I am tired of getting a popup that says my friend's image isn't able to be viewed because Skype doesn't support that kind of sharing, as well as being unable to receive other files that *Safari* can open. The app's in app web browser could be used to accept PDFs, but instead it's used to send you to websites you're going to just open in safari because it doesn't recognize that you are signed into that website on the device through safari. It could be better programmed with more connectivity between devices and platforms so I can see my friend's photos without them having to upload them somewhere first.
I think that Skype is amazing! I think that it's user friendly! I only use Skype for one reason, and that's to talk to my friend until she gets her iPhone fixed. Everything is very smooth, but I never get a notification saying that she called. She could literally call 10 times and wouldn't know until I open the app to call her, or she kiks me saying she called. That can get very annoying. Plus, when we do talk almost always there will be technical difficulties. Like, she can't see me or I can't see her. She can't hear me or I can't hear her. Or the calls will just randomly drop. We're both well within service. Both have outstanding routers so I can't understand why there are so many issues with this. But when we can finally get it working, it works like a charm!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 79.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99