SkyText is the premier text-scrolling application for the iPhone and iPod Touch from Heynow Software.
SkyText allows you to type messages on your touch device and display them instantly as scrolling text on its screen. In real time. All from one screen.
Here's how it works:
1. Hold your iPhone/iPod Touch in portrait orientation and type text on the keyboard, just like text messaging.
2. Raise your hand (the one holding the device) and face the screen toward the person that you want to display the message to, in landscape orientation. SkyText uses the accelerometer to sense the change in orientation and automatically scrolls the message.
That's it. Quick and easy. The way it should be.
When would you use SkyText?
• In a loud, crowded bar
• A hottie is looking at you from a distance and you want to break the ice
• You've become thirsty
• Your buddy is a the end of the bar, and you just need to taunt him
• At a concert
• On the golf course
• At the airport
• At a sporting event
• In the parking lot, picking up your kids after a concert
• At the beach
• In the library
• At the race track
• While hunting or fishing
• Six of you are going skiing, 3 people each in 2 cars. Cell reception is spotty, you need to communicate and don't want to "scream & freeze"
• You're a sound engineer and you need to tell the guitar player to turn down
• You're in church and need to discreetly tell the reverend that his fly is unzipped
• Anywhere you need to communicate with somebody and:
• They are unable to hear you
• You need to get their attention
• You can't get to them
• You can't make a sound but want to get a message across
When would *you* use SkyText?
And, in case you're wondering:
√ Yes, after the message ends there's a brief delay, you get a single vibration, and the message scrolls again.
√ Yes, when you bring your hand back down, SkyText has cleared the text-entry box and the cursor is blinking, ready for you to type your next message.
√ Yes, if you want re-display the last message, it's still available on the screen. Just tap on it to display it again.
√ Yes, you can store messages as preset messages and quickly select them for display with one tap.
√ Yes, you can also edit a preset message quickly and display it, with or without saving the edits to the preset itself!
√ Yes, you can quickly go between hand-typing and preset messages on the same screen.
√ Yes, there are two font/background color combinations for day and night display, quickly accessible on the screen.
√ Yes, we know some people are left-handed. SkyText scrolls the text properly regardless of which way you turn it into landscape. You can even flip your phone upside down once it's scrolling, and watch the fun.
We put a lot of time and effort into SkyText because, frankly, you shouldn't have to.
Made adjustments to scroll speed and delay settings to take into account larger screen formats.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Idea - Very Useful App !
I tried Sky Text mostly just to see how it worked. It is a very cool application and works great. What I did not expect, however, was to end up using it so much. In less than a week of having it installed on my iPhone, I've actually found many occcasions to put it to practical use. It's the perfect way to grab a wait-person's attention in a loud, crowded restaurant. I can enter a custom message to communicate with my daughter who is always listening to her iPod and can never hear me when I talk to her.
As great as it is, there is room for improvement. One thing I'd like to se in future versions is the ability to set your own text color, background color and font.
I recommend SkyText to anyone - you will find it more useful than you can imagine!
Easy to use
I think this is an easy to use scrolling-banner app. You can enter a new message (or choose a saved one) right from the first screen. It did take a little while to figure out how to save a new message as a preset (it's the "+" sign next to the text box). And starting the message-scrolling is as simple as tilting the phone on its side. This seems more intuitive than some of the other banner apps. I also like that it buzzes/vibrates when the message has finished, so it's easy to tell when to stop holding up the phone.
I like the icon, too. :)
This is super cool!
I love this app! It is really easy to use - I love the way it just takes a flick of the wrist! Ok - maybe it is a twist of the hand - but it works! And it is fun to keep track of what you are saying - I text a bunch and this follows a format I am use to. The letters are clear and easy to read- and the vibe at the end of the text let's me know I am done.
Yea, this one is good - easy to use - works well and fun. I checked out the website for the heynow - they know their stuff!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.