SkyView® - Explore the Universe
By Terminal Eleven LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
What's New in Version 3.5.1
This release of SkyView addresses a few, small bugs regarding our widget view in iOS 10.
I've had this application for well over a year now, I find it very interesting to use and have shown it to my four-year-old granddaughter who is infatuated by it. I have even shown it to my former spouse since he does have a telescope, don't know if he's actually used it yet to find the constellations, planets and trajectory objects that show up in there also. I am simply amazed at how full our sky is of what we have put up there and left over. You should all take a look this is an amazing app!
One of my favorite Apps
I have tried other Astronomy Apps but this one is the best! This really helped a me locate astronomical objects so that I can then view them on my telescope.
Definite "Must Have" app whether you just love looking up at the night sky or are a serious astronomy buff!
Great for Amateur Stargazers Like Me
Its easy to use interface lets you enjoy looking up at the stars instead of looking down at your phone trying to understand the app. Love the night mode feature.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.