Slack - Business Communication for Teams
By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 3.11.1
- Support for our new Threads. Did we mention we have threads now? Well, we have threads. They're rolling out over the coming days, so if you don't have them yet, don’t fret: You soon will.
- Fixed: Reaction emoji - or "reacji", as we stubbornly insist on calling them - were sometimes missing or inaccurate. No good. All better.
- Fixed: Out of respect for hardware of all generations, users on iPhone 4s should no longer crash when opening the right side menu or switching teams. Apologies to those who experienced that.
Want to see *your* favorite bug featured in this list? We would too. Send along any feedback to email@example.com, and we’ll see what we can do.
Perfectly serviceable but very dated
I like slack. I use it on my work and personal laptop frequently. The problem that I have is this feels like an early iOS chat app. It is very clunky getting around. Always using the burger menu to get around is annoying. Also if you have multiple slack accounts logged in you lose the ability to manage your away status. If it has moved it is not clear where to.
I think the underlying service is great. The app just feels dated and is very much couched in walking up and down the view tree to get stuff done. There is no fast switching to unread channels.
This made everything easier for me to communicate with my colleagues. I work remotely so it's crucial to find an app that allows me to communicate quickly and without any unnecessary things (like stickers and whatnot). Not only is this app designed quite nicely, it also delivers since I have never experienced any delays in my messages. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Changed how our team works
Slack is the one general collaboration app that has truly brought our team closer together. When we're on Slack, it feels like we're all together even when we're across the planet. It feels a lot like a digital version of how real conversations in the hall at work.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 3.11.1
- Size: 130 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © 2016 Slack Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.