Guitarists are often confused when they find a slash chord. The good part is that they are easy to understand.
The purpose of slash chords is to specify when the lowest pitch in a chord is not the root note. Often we call this the bass note even though a bass guitar is not playing it. For example, G/B is a G chord with a B as a bass note. When spoken, we call this G-slash-B or G-over-B.
The Slash Chords on Guitar app presents you 24 types of slash chords (12 majors and 12 minors), each of which consists of several variations (up to 15). You can choose the chord (type and key), choose its variation, play it fast of slow, learn what scale degrees and notes this chord is builded from, transpose chord and see the fingerings on the fretboard. Also you can explore open strings chords by using built in function "Open strings lock". Fonexsis will add more chords in free future updates.
For more info please visit
● the whole engine rewritten with new improvements and bug fixes
● graphics is redrawn in high resolution to support newest iPhone and iPad retina displays
● added adjustable Reverb effect, applied to guitar note sounds
● new redesigned Chords Selector
● new Favorites system. Favorites list is accessible from the Chords Selector
● interface sound effects volume now can be adjusted from Settings page
● added strings animation effect (can be switched on/off)
● added alternative cursor effect (selectable)
● "Tip of the Day" system added to tell you about interesting app features
● improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Another great app from Fonexsis. Just got this last week to add to my collection of guitar apps from this developer. Super clean and user friendly design and layout of slash chords . I'm diggin' the opportunity to broaden my vocabulary of chords through this most useful resource. Excellent Guitar App!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.